I can’t believe it’s almost Labor Day Weekend. Crazy right? Now it’s time for some rest this weekend and a cleanup of my apartment. Dire. Need. Have a good weekend! xoxo
1. Throwback alert – I’ll always have a special place in my heart for Zach Morris.
2. I adore this party dress and it comes in a color to flatter every skintone.
3. My mom gave me the book Me Before You last weekend. Definitely a beach read but I would describe myself as “unstoppable bawling” on Weds night at 1AM when I finished it. A+.
4. These Jonathan Adler sun hats are SO adorable for $44. Thank you Jen for the sales alert!!
5. My sister and I hit a ton of beach traffic last weekend coming home. Our entertainment included teaching ourselves to rap and listening to Snap Judgement on NPR. I’m not usually an NPR listener but Snap Judgement is a program revolving around individual stories that are pretty much incredible so I am now a fan. We listened to a few and I was literally yelling, “NO” and “STOP IT” throughout most of them.
6. I love this phone case. Easy to spot in the bleak open spaces that are our handbags!
7. Who knew there was a right way to cut a pineapple???
Every year my skin likes to tell me that I am getting older and I say, game on, face. What makes the battle truly unfair is when my eyes get wrinklier and then a pimple appears an inch below. What sort of game is this, skin???? True to form I went to Kiehl’s because their products never irritate my sensitive skin. I found an amazing face wash and it’s really made a difference. With my Clarisonic or without, this Kiehl’s face wash gives my face a clean feel like no other. My skin has definitely cleared up and feels great. $20 for face wash is pricey but I’d say this is 100% worth it.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser (oil free) – $20
P.S. As a side note, a happy birthday to my dad. Big Ken, you really are the best dad ever.
Anthropologie is one of those stores where some people can find a million things to buy each and every time they go in (READ: my love THE Kate Mangiamelli of the Metropolitan Opera). I love just walking around that store even if I don’t find a million things to try on. However, this fall, I have to stay away for budgetary reasons because I am drooling over their amazing dress selection. So many great pieces!!! My favorites are below. Their sale section is also pretty stellar. Loving this watercolor dress and this gorge maxi.
Flamingo Maxi Dress (this print is too cute)- $288
Chambray Dot Dress – $128
Splitshade Dress (I love this for work) – $178
Danita Sheath Dress (THIS DRESS IN BLUE OMG) – $178
Mendoza Lace Column Dress (how perfect for a fall wedding) – $168
I’ve spent a lot of weekends away this summer and as August goes by, my packing has become pretty efficient. My weekend bag always has alternatives of the below but my basics are pretty much: daytime dress, shorts + sweater for evenings, comfy clothes for lounging and my MUST is Bumble & Bumble Surf Shampoo/Conditioner. I am not a huge makeup girl in the summer so I rely on summer waves and spray tan to keep me pretty! It’s only Monday but that just means five more days until sun again! Speaking of sun, go check out the Lilly Pulitzer sale today (starts at 8AM and probably will crash their site so check it out ASAP). As an aside, a shoutout happy birthday to my bestest friend Teri. Love you lots!!
Clockwise from top left: JCrew Factory Denim Jacket (this is my favorite purchase of summer 2014) – $45 // BaubleBar Heartbreaker Bib – $46 // Reece Hudson Croc Embossed Clutch – $295 // Eberjey Pajama Short Set (probably my most worn thing over a beach weekend!) – $97 // JCrew Drapey Beach Sweater - $40 (was $70) // Bumble and Bumble Surf Set - $28 // Kaeli Smith Fish Cosmetics Bag - $13 // Juliet & Company Marguerite Earrings – $36 // Mark & Graham Elisabetta Handbag - $398 // JCrew Denim Shorts - $80 // Loeffler Randall Sarie Sandal – $175 // Just Madras Natalie Dress – $130
It’s time for the weekend and after a truly exhausting week, I am ready to get some actual sleep. We’re celebrating my dad’s bday this weekend (a bit early) but I’m excited to get some R&R and give my dad some solid bday love. xoxoxo
1. Robin Williams has been the top story in the news for a few days and for good reason. Jimmy Fallon’s tribute was truly touching. Williams’ inspiration is everywhere and we should all “make our lives extraordinary”.
2. I know it is fully summer right now but I didn’t buy this winter coat last year and seeing it on JCrew Factory for $160 is verrrrry tempting.
3. The story of Sarah Blakely is inspiring. A self made BILLIONAIRE and she came up with her idea all on her own at 29. Amazing. Now let’s be jealous of her life. Go.
4. These Marysia bathing suits are pricey but I still am so tempted. Ugh.
5. I love fruit so much even honeydew which really proves my diehard fruit fan status. Here are some fun fruit facts/tips.
6. Oh how I love a statement necklace. A pink one? Even more tempting.
7. I am a huge and loyal Today Show fan and Savannah is my favorite. Could her newborn baby princess be any cuter???
After a workout, there are a few things that are staples in my gym bag for when I do not have time to shower. Let’s be real, I look pretty gross after a workout. I have a serious case of pink face, I sweat a ton (my family swears my internal thermometer is forever broken) and I am just all around icky. I prefer to shower but sometimes it’s just not feasible. The below products are a must in my gym bag to help me look refreshed (or as refreshed as I possibly can). No matter what you plan on doing after, count to 5 and splash cold water on your face and wrists. It will cool you (and your red face) down!
Colgate Wisps (brushing on the go!) – $5 // Vaseline Spray and Go Moisturizer (no seriously, this stuff is so quick drying it’s amazing) – $8 // Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray (this literally cools your face for your make up to go on) – $30 // Chi Cordless Flat Iron (perfect for quick touch ups) – $100 // Tresseme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo - $6 // Covergirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara (put this on before the gym and it lasts forever!) – $8 // Evian Mineral Spray (for 2) – $14 // Ole Henriksen The Clean Truth Brightening Cleansing Cloths – $15 // Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner (waterproof and won’t fade)- $20
Tory Burch is always a go-to for my work apparel and now she has turned into a name I am looking into for home. I dream of having a white house with all blue/white accessories so thank you, TB for fulfilling that dream. I am loving how delicate all of the pieces are so go take a look!
I love the idea of bringing this pitcher filled with flowers to a party as a hostess gift. How pretty AND useful!
Tory Burch Spongeware Pitcher - $98
Jardin Placemats – $98 (for 4)
Spring Meadows Set of 2 Champagne Flutes - $60
On another note (and one we don’t tend to do), our hearts go out for the sad sad loss of Robin Williams. The outpouring of sweet comments from all kinds of cultural figures is truly touching. The world is a little less funny today and there is nothing like that healing power of laughter. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it” ~ Robin Williams. Thank you for adding a little extra spark to all of our lives.
August is here you guys, which means summer is slowly fading away. This is terrible news. I am going to try to milk every last day out of it before September ends. This means laying out with my kindle and reading a new novel. Let’s hope for sunny skies!!
1. Hello, Vince coat. You are pretty much amazing for fall.
2. If you haven’t seen this child yet, he is absolutely hilarious and I hope gets a youtube series. Another hilarious youtube video for you is this hilarious little munchkinette listening to Katy Perry.
3. I could really go for these monogrammed sunglasses for under $50.
3. I am a loyal Today Show viewer and one of their summer topics is a 30 day detox of anything you deem a bad habit. Matt Lauer chose ice cream, Savannah chose the word “selfie” and my choice is no shopping until September 1st. Cheaters put $5 into a cheating fund but I’m proud to say I’ve gone 8 days without cheating. 22 to go! Try it.
4. New York City in the summertime can be hot but nothing is hotter/swampier than the subways. Turning the 34th street station stop into a spa? Only in NYC.
5. This JCrew dress is a great “wear now and later” option. It comes in lots of colors and can be worn in so many different ways.
6. Some of these you may know, but these iPhone tricks are pretty sold.
7. A shoutout to my fav Lindsay Hagan for her ongoing love of the shark tooth necklace. It’s Shark Week so here are some great (and hilarious) shark themed options.
I am officially a crazy person. I adopted another dog – a rescue. I am a sucker and I couldn’t help it. But look at this face, who can blame me? So now Summer has a sister… We have named her Charlotte, or “Charlie” for short.
That said, I need to stock up on a few new items for this pup. For chic dog accessories, I turn to Harry Barker.
Summer has the pink toile dog bed, and I am thinking about doing blue for the new girl. The toile matches the rest of my fabrics nicely because the print is so subtle.
I am absolutely adore the Chelsea harnesses, and am ordering the one pictured below in a dark purple, light purple combination.
Last, I’m finding that TWO dogs are way messier than one, and thus I need a placemat to protect my wood floors… Toile overkill?
My bestie Jen is attending a vineyard wedding and asked PP for some help. The bride recommended flats so we are looking for the perfect combo of vineyard + casual and this was definitely a fun mission. A vineyard wedding to me = wedges so I combined a few of my favorites and found some options for her. The dress is a cerulean blue-ish color (oohhhhh) so my suggestion is a nude or gold shoe. It’s best to find some sort of neutral so that a) you’ll wear them again and b) it doesn’t distract from the pretty color of your dress! Here are some of my favorite options.