My bff is preggers and in need of flats for her aching feet (and probably the cocktail today’s post title implies!). The request came for flats in both black and tan. If you can afford it, there is nothing like a pair of Lanvin flats. But the hefty price tag is hard to justify so I came up with a few other options. Some can really dress up a pair of jeans, others are for running around the city to work (worth every penny in my opinion). Besides the below, a tried and true pair that come in black or tan patent every season are Vince Camutos (and they are under $80 so wear and tear them all you like).
Tan: Me Too Lilyana Flat - $54// Sam Edelman Felicia Flat (these come in a ton of colors) – $90 // Anniel Bow Flats (my favorite on this page and in black suede here for $125) – $175 // Sole Society Tanya Flats – $55 // Loeffler Randall Milla Flats – $250
Black: Loeffler Randall Karlotta Flat – $250 // Club Monaco Erika Bow Flat – $230 // Tieks in matte black (everyone loves these) – $175 // Belle by Sigerson Morrison Vanessa Flats - $195 // Repetto Patent Flats (the perfect flats) – $270
PP was reunited this weekend and it was so SO much fun. I wish my Lauren lived in NYC but sadly she’s so into DC. Ugh. This would be us drinking wine in the pouring rain at a polo match wearing white. No matter what happens this weekend it will be a disappointment compared to last.
1. Fashion Weeks are over but yesterday Moschino showed a Barbie collection. If you know me, you know this was my dream come true.
2. There was a lot of hoopla around Apple this week with the new iPhone announcement (is there not a woman who works there who owns a small clutch to tell them it’s too big???) and the iWatch. What do you guys think??? Will you be getting one?!
3. I’m loving this easy DVF work dress to wear under a jacket. For $105? I think yes.
4. This dog video of a summer pool party is hilarious.
5. I tried on a pair of Rag & Bone Margot suede black booties on at Intermix the other day (they’re sold out online boo) and I am still swooning. Leather is more practical than suede so these are officially wish listed. Love.
6. Lauren sent me this Jimmy Kimmel clip and I literally could not stop laughing at my desk. Betsy Ross is my favorite designer too. Another late night clip that has me cracking up is the Jimmy Fallon lip sync battle of the week.
7. This amazing Vince coat for fall is on sale for $270 (from $675). Lauren has last season’s version and loves. Such a chic way of welcoming fall.
I own a lot of tweed blazers. My reason being that they take me to work and they take me to play. Not much gets me to both in the formal setting but when I saw this Joie cardi/blazer combo (blazigan? cardiger?) I thought it had to be added to my collection. My very stylish colleague was wearing this Renvy jacket yesterday and when I saw it on Gilt, this was a no-brainer savings. The tweed combined with the leather accents is gorgeous! Loving both of these and how easy they pair with an all black outfit.
Splurge: Joie Jacolyn B Tweed Jacket- $398
Steal: Renvy French Terry Leather Trim Blazer - $120
Walking around NYC when fall is about to start leads to serious inspiration. I saw such amazing items this weekend (esp Sunday) and I got super excited for the textures and warm colors that fall and witner bring. I just want to write a bit more about one item on this lust list. The Loeffler Randall Fenton Rain Booties are pretty much the coolest rain boots of all time. Please note these booties are for RAIN. The least stylish weather situation and LR of course came to our rescue. Brilliant.
Clockwise from top left: Joie Jolia Dress - $348 //JCrew Factory Merino Pleated Skirt (this is my go-to for work in the winter. It looks so classic with a tucked in sweater) – $55 // Warby Parker Crane Glasses – $145 // Club Monaco Brooklyn Booties (I’m not a booties person but I tried these on and I’m obsessed) – $395 // Theory Azray Leather Trim Leggings (siiick) – $415 // Baublebar Equestrian Ring - $28 // JCrew Sleeveless Drapey Top (the perfect sleeveless silk top in great fall colors) – $88 // Gigi Pebble Grain Madison Crossbody - $198 // Baublebar Buckingham Necklace - $44 // Loeffler Randall Fenton Rain Booties - $195
Mansur Gavriel’s bucket bag is the “It” bag of the season. While the trend started last spring, this bag was EVERYWHERE at NY Fashion Week last week. I’m pretty sure I could go back to my parents house and find a bucket bag in a closet somewhere because this trend is yet another bringing back the 90’s. I personally love the mini version of it (Barneys might still have it) but this bag is pretty hard to find. I found some great alternatives (this Zara one for $70 is sort of a no brainer) so go get yourself a new bag for fall. I love the casual chic of this bag and how easy it pairs with jeans and a t shirt.
Top Row: Zara Drawstring Bucket Bag – $70 // Elizabeth and James Cynnie Mini Bucket Bag (in three great colors) – $485
Bottom Row: Madewell Lafayette Bucket Bag – $198 // Alexander Wang Diego Bucket Bag (loving the lighter color too) – $875
End of summer = work gets super busy = Fashion Week comes at the BEST TIME EVER. It’s always such a nice break to check out some photos which is what I’m currently doing while watching the Giants game and procrastinating a powerpoint deck. Woops. Anyway, below are some of my favorites thus far. I’m loving spring already and we have like 200 more days but who is counting?!!!
Reem Acra is always a favorite when it comes to gorgeous dresses and incredible fabrics.
Milly is my first stop whenever I feel like shopping and this amazing color palette gets me excited for spring already.
I’m starting a savings account for DVF spring.
When it comes to casual clothes, I am pretty terrible at wearing pants. I tend to stay away from jeans. Period. Like I never wear them. But in my closet I have about six pairs that just sit there being like, “Oh hey girl, I look so great with a basic tee”. Over the weekend I finally fit into a pair from last summer and I forgot how EASY jeans are. My favorites? JCrew because they’re pretty much always 25% off and you can get a great pair for under $150. Even better? Bring an old pair of jeans to JCrew between now and 9/30 and get $20 towards your denim purchase!!
Toothpick Jean in Black (my fav style) – $115
Boyfriend Jean in Abbott Wash (are these not the most perfect bf jeans???) – $128
Reid Cone Denim Jean in Brewster – $125
Yesterday we were all saddened to learn about the passing of Joan Rivers. I first fell in love with her with Miss Piggy when the Muppets Took Manhattan and 30 years later, no one made me laugh like that woman. We will all miss this pioneer of comedy.
1. To s tart your day, here are 50 of Joan Rivers Best One Liners. You’ll start to laugh through your sadness just like she wanted.
2. A perfect pink sweater for fall.
3. The NFL officially started last night and football is fun but finding some eye candy during the game is fun too.
4. I needed new sneakers and it took me a really long time to find some that don’t have serious neon or are just plain ugly. These Nike’s in grey made the cut.
5. I’m not sure if I’ve posted this one before but I’ve been doing this Tone It Up arms workout for the past few weeks and I’m noticing a serious difference. GET INVOLVED.
6. Fashion Week started this week and NYC is abuzz. I can’t wait to see Rebecca Minkoff’s wearable tech line but for today I’ll just ogle at BCBG’s gorge spring palette.
7. A simple pair of booties for fall that you will wear everywhere.
Hefty price tags are abound right now since fall is officially happening. While I am not buying anything just yet, that doesn’t mean I can’t start looking for when sales happen. There are so many gorgeous textures and fabrics for fall this year and it’s such an easy way to spruce up a plain solid outfit. While most everything on here is absurdly expensive, just take a look and ogle. Inspiration!!!
Clockwise from top left: Sergio Rossi Suede Mary Janes - $690 // 10 Crosby Derek Lam Tweed Jacket - $450 // Alexis Bittar Lucite Imperial Necklace – $445 // Saint Laurent Sac Du Jour Tote (AHHHHH) – $2790 // Mackage Adele Coat (This has been on my lust list for two years. Does that make it a must?) – $680 // Isabel Marant Crisi Wedge Biker Boot – $790 // Sarah Chloe Petite Jolie Diamond Necklace – $328 // Milly Jacquard Mini Dress – $525 // Autumn Cashmere Hi Lo Cowl Gilet- $348 // Kate Spade Deco Dot Crepe Top - $248
Dear Bloomingdales, thank you for being the absolute best. It’s like every time I need something, you always have 20 options to solve my problems. Yesterday I learned that a ton of amazing designers made pieces exclusive for Bloomingdales and they are truly gorgeous. DVF’s collection is ABSURD and I am loving their party dresses. There are so many gorge work pieces, casual pieces, dressy pieces…everything. Go check it out to get your fall collections going but see my favorites below.
Left Column: Elie Tahari Dorene Sweater – $398 // Alexis Bittar Pave Two Tone Earrings – $250 // Sandro Jonie Skirt – $245
Middle Column: Dylan Gray Olivia Tweed Jacket (the perfect tweed) – $298 // Karen Millen Colorblock Grid Dress – $300
Right Column: DVF Irina Wrap Dress - $468 // Kate Spade Tokyo Grid Sweater – $278