Happy Bloomingdales Friends and Family everyone!!! F&F is 20% with code “FRIENDS” and runs through midnight on Sunday. It’s a great time to pick up some of those classic Theory pieces Lauren featured yesterday or some Vince sweaters or pretty much any of your fall basics. Today’s lust list are a selection of my favorites. A couple of things didn’t make the photo but I’m loving this Amanda Uprichard dress, this cashmere cardigan you’ll wear constantly and of course the Loeffler Randall rain booties that I think about on a daily basis.
Clockwise from top left: Rebecca Taylor Ombre Top – $260 (was $325) // Kate Spade Cluster Earrings - $54 (was $68) // Aqua Top Lace Trim (love this basic blouse to easily go from work to cocktails) – $46 (was $58) // Tory Burch Kensington Brigitte Cosmetics Case (this is a perfect holiday gift…you know I get started early…) – $75 (was $95) // Kate Spade Bow Front Sheath Dress (the perfect Little Black Work Dress) – $230 (was $295) // Milly Chain Trim Cardigan - $196 (was $245) // Michael Kors Popcorn Scarf - $142 (was $178) // JOA Caged Dress - $70 (was $88) // Loeffler Randall Pari Pumps – $276 (was $345) // Rails Plaid Button Down Shirt (perrrrrfect for comfy weekends) – $102 (was $128) // Quotation Leather Star Sweater – $182 (was $228) // Alexis Bittar Lucite Crystal Lace Necklace (STUN.NING) – $356 (was $445)
As I have started to get older (le sigh), I’ve noticed myself gravitating toward classic pieces season after season. This is partly because I think that is what older people do and partly because I am spending all of my money on home furnishings… I can’t really get too invested in trendy clothes. Last weekend when I was visiting Whitney in NYC (YAY!) I popped into the Theory store – a great go-to for a classic refresh in the fall. There were so many great things! My FAVORITE is this poncho I picked up… I got it in gray, but I think I need it in every single color. (In the first week, I wore it three times – it is just so easy breezy!! Isn’t this camel color to die for?)
The poncho looks incredible with these leather paneled leggings for a night out. (No joke these are the most flattering leggings to date).
And as always, the theory coats are spectacular…This Naomo jacket looks biker when its unzipped and impeccably polished when its closed up, lending extra versatility to a fall look.
I took this photo on one of my early morning runs this week. It was such a pretty morning and felt like I wasn’t running along a NYC river with pollution everywhere and a strange man collecting shoes behind me. Happy First Fall Friday! Enjoy the amazing weather this weekend.
1. I have a lot of reasons to buy new clothes lately and this Tibi dress might be perfect for a wedding I have coming up soon.
2. This instagram account of a man and his dog is so sweet. #UghIWantAPuppy.
3. I love this emerald green statement piece. How gorge against any other jewel tone?
4. When I was little, I was obsessed with manatees. I carried a stuffed animal version around with me everywhere and it wasn’t like a small toy. It was a substantial sized manatee. This story obviously is amaze.
5. My Finance hat was on for my initial interest in this one but the reasons behind why a big shot CEO retired really put things in perspective this week.
6. You guys, it’s coat season. MY FAVORITE. Loving this gorge Rebecca Taylor.
7. You might not be into baseball (or think Derek Jeter is that handsome) but even my hardcore Boston sports friends who I was out with last night had to admit last night’s farewell to Derek Jeter was pretty much perfection.
8. An eighth item today since sports don’t count on Pretty Polished. This Alexis Bittar cuff has officially been wishlisted.
What a surprise, I am wanting another statement necklace. I wear so many plain black dresses to work but I always dress it up with a fun piece and it feels like I am not working in a boring corporate job. So many fun ones out there and a few below are amazing pieces that do not break the bank. Enjoy!!
Top Row: BaubleBar Pearl Choker - $36 // Deepa Gurnani Half Circle Necklace - $288 // JCrew Crystal Spike Necklace – $ // Lee by Lee Angel Crystal Necklace Set (Two necklaces in one? Genius) – $148
Bottom Row: Kenneth Jay Lane Multilink Necklace (love this in gold too) – $60 // Loren Hope Stella Necklace – $195 // JCrew Captured Pearl Necklace - $114 // BaubleBar Stardust Phoenix Bib - $58
As of 10:29PM last night, we are officially in Fall! While fall means deeper hues, thicker fabrics and amazing coats, overall, September is a tough month for clothes. If I wear a dress to work, I’m freezing. If I wear pants, I’m hot. All in all, it’s pretty much a confused month. What’s on my wish list lately has reflected this crazy month and it’s totally all over the place.
Clockwise from top left: JCrew Pleated Lattice Skirt - $128 // Henri Bendel W 57th Bag Trio - $78 // JCrew Perforated Belt (I love this dusty pearl color) – $52 // Loeffler Randall Marit Boot (This is trouble you guys. Loeffler came up with another amazing pair of flat boots) – $695 // Matt Bernson D’orsay Flats (love this hunter green + black combo) – $215 // Baublebar Jumbo Pearl Ring - $28 // LaMarque Leather Trim Dress (is this not the coolest wrap dress ever???) – $415 // Rebecca Taylor Crepe Lace Top - $295 // Clare V Flat Clutch With Dots – $198 // Sole Society Natalee Loafers (how darling!) – $65 // JCrew Factory Button Down (I want to just live in jeans and a button down until sweater season) – $64
My bff is preggers and in need of flats for her aching feet (and probably the cocktail today’s post title implies!). The request came for flats in both black and tan. If you can afford it, there is nothing like a pair of Lanvin flats. But the hefty price tag is hard to justify so I came up with a few other options. Some can really dress up a pair of jeans, others are for running around the city to work (worth every penny in my opinion). Besides the below, a tried and true pair that come in black or tan patent every season are Vince Camutos (and they are under $80 so wear and tear them all you like).
Tan: Me Too Lilyana Flat - $54// Sam Edelman Felicia Flat (these come in a ton of colors) – $90 // Anniel Bow Flats (my favorite on this page and in black suede here for $125) – $175 // Sole Society Tanya Flats – $55 // Loeffler Randall Milla Flats – $250
Black: Loeffler Randall Karlotta Flat – $250 // Club Monaco Erika Bow Flat – $230 // Tieks in matte black (everyone loves these) – $175 // Belle by Sigerson Morrison Vanessa Flats - $195 // Repetto Patent Flats (the perfect flats) – $270
PP was reunited this weekend and it was so SO much fun. I wish my Lauren lived in NYC but sadly she’s so into DC. Ugh. This would be us drinking wine in the pouring rain at a polo match wearing white. No matter what happens this weekend it will be a disappointment compared to last.
1. Fashion Weeks are over but yesterday Moschino showed a Barbie collection. If you know me, you know this was my dream come true.
2. There was a lot of hoopla around Apple this week with the new iPhone announcement (is there not a woman who works there who owns a small clutch to tell them it’s too big???) and the iWatch. What do you guys think??? Will you be getting one?!
3. I’m loving this easy DVF work dress to wear under a jacket. For $105? I think yes.
4. This dog video of a summer pool party is hilarious.
5. I tried on a pair of Rag & Bone Margot suede black booties on at Intermix the other day (they’re sold out online boo) and I am still swooning. Leather is more practical than suede so these are officially wish listed. Love.
6. Lauren sent me this Jimmy Kimmel clip and I literally could not stop laughing at my desk. Betsy Ross is my favorite designer too. Another late night clip that has me cracking up is the Jimmy Fallon lip sync battle of the week.
7. This amazing Vince coat for fall is on sale for $270 (from $675). Lauren has last season’s version and loves. Such a chic way of welcoming fall.
I own a lot of tweed blazers. My reason being that they take me to work and they take me to play. Not much gets me to both in the formal setting but when I saw this Joie cardi/blazer combo (blazigan? cardiger?) I thought it had to be added to my collection. My very stylish colleague was wearing this Renvy jacket yesterday and when I saw it on Gilt, this was a no-brainer savings. The tweed combined with the leather accents is gorgeous! Loving both of these and how easy they pair with an all black outfit.
Splurge: Joie Jacolyn B Tweed Jacket- $398
Steal: Renvy French Terry Leather Trim Blazer - $120
Walking around NYC when fall is about to start leads to serious inspiration. I saw such amazing items this weekend (esp Sunday) and I got super excited for the textures and warm colors that fall and witner bring. I just want to write a bit more about one item on this lust list. The Loeffler Randall Fenton Rain Booties are pretty much the coolest rain boots of all time. Please note these booties are for RAIN. The least stylish weather situation and LR of course came to our rescue. Brilliant.
Clockwise from top left: Joie Jolia Dress - $348 //JCrew Factory Merino Pleated Skirt (this is my go-to for work in the winter. It looks so classic with a tucked in sweater) – $55 // Warby Parker Crane Glasses – $145 // Club Monaco Brooklyn Booties (I’m not a booties person but I tried these on and I’m obsessed) – $395 // Theory Azray Leather Trim Leggings (siiick) – $415 // Baublebar Equestrian Ring - $28 // JCrew Sleeveless Drapey Top (the perfect sleeveless silk top in great fall colors) – $88 // Gigi Pebble Grain Madison Crossbody - $198 // Baublebar Buckingham Necklace - $44 // Loeffler Randall Fenton Rain Booties - $195
Mansur Gavriel’s bucket bag is the “It” bag of the season. While the trend started last spring, this bag was EVERYWHERE at NY Fashion Week last week. I’m pretty sure I could go back to my parents house and find a bucket bag in a closet somewhere because this trend is yet another bringing back the 90’s. I personally love the mini version of it (Barneys might still have it) but this bag is pretty hard to find. I found some great alternatives (this Zara one for $70 is sort of a no brainer) so go get yourself a new bag for fall. I love the casual chic of this bag and how easy it pairs with jeans and a t shirt.
Top Row: Zara Drawstring Bucket Bag – $70 // Elizabeth and James Cynnie Mini Bucket Bag (in three great colors) – $485
Bottom Row: Madewell Lafayette Bucket Bag – $198 // Alexander Wang Diego Bucket Bag (loving the lighter color too) – $875