Happy Thanksgiving to all of our readers, families and friends!!! We’re doing Seven Things Thanksgiving style (sans clothing – stay tuned for Black Friday’s post tomorrow). I have to say, so many traditions on this holiday melt my heart. Every year as a kid, my dad would take my friends and I to watch the parade from his office’s windows while my mom got the house ready. Now, the traditions have moved to Florida and I’m about to play my second round of golf this week with my parents before getting ready for family time. No complaints here. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
1. 11 things you never knew about Thanksgiving Day (the turkey was supposed to be the bald eagle of America – WHAT).
2. It’s not a Thanksgiving without football so two things NFL-wise for you – one, why can’t all teams wear their throwback uniforms and 2) these NFL turkey day facts are entertaining.
3. NYMag did a great article on why giving thanks is good for you. Let’s do it.
4. This US map (and recipes to follow) and what recipes were googled the most state-by-state is pretty interesting (I love stuffed artichokes. You get me, google.)
5. Some flower arranging tips for your tablescapes this Turkey Day.
6. Some more fun facts for you guys about Turkey Day. This one has the holiday by the numbers (46M turkeys!!) and here’s a clip of fun parade facts.
7. When all the food has been put away and you’re in your pjs, here are the movies leaving Netflix this month.
At the front of my living room is a square shaped dining “nook” with large bay windows. Since I have an open floor plan it is important to distinguish the dining nook as its own space, separate and apart from the living room… in its present state, it has no “pop” at the front of the room and is essentially wasted. To give it the pop, I have been thinking about using a fun wallpaper — I am pretty sure I want the space to be beige and white… enter the Thibaut Tanzania wallpaper! I think it has just the punch I need and since the color palette is neutral, the other accents I have in my living room won’t clash with it. Check out these images…
Happy Friday!! I am sure your all familiar with how People announced their sexiest man alive this week but let me show you Toast Meets World, my favorite dog on Instagram, cuddling with the cover. Too funny. We’re almost at Thanksgiving guys, can’t wait!!
1. This clip of two kids in trouble for painting their whole faces is just too cute.
2. This sweater is like wearing a pillow with sequins on it. So pretty and winter sweet.
3. I love how adorable and easy these candy “christmas trees” are. Perfect little gifts to bring to a holiday party!
4. Oh hi, adorable gloves that I can use with my iPhone.
5. I love to see how ballet is the workout of choice for so many of those Angels. Abs like that without having them spray tanned on? A girl can dream.
6. These winter booties look so warm and cozy.
7. Ummm my boyfriend Clay Matthews is in the second Pitch Perfect trailer/movie. Nailed it.
When the weather gets colder, sweaters seem to be the perfect solution. We all could use a cozy sweater and Vince is always my first spot to shop for them. They’re soft, fit perfectly and last forever. I love this Vince sweater. It’s just such a classic. The only bad part about Vince sweaters are the price so when I came across this Halogen option, I knew it was a must.
Splurge: Vince Cable Knit Sweater - $395
Steal: Halogen Cable Knit Sweater - $70 (under $100 find!!)
Drop everything you are doing and order this product right now. Since August, I have been using this Make Up Forever shimmer block and it has totally changed my life. I don’t know what it is, but it makes your skin look completely flawless – the right amount of bright, the right amount of coverage. It’s quick and it’s easy. I have practically stopped using any other face make up since getting this! I will say that the little brush that they market with it is a great tool and I suggest getting that too. If you can only opt for one – do the block and use your regular face brush. I have to add that the 3 friends I have who have tried this product ordered it on their phones immediately. You will not regret this decision! (In fact, I ordered it immediately after trying my friend’s! I have the “light tan” color).
I love a holiday candle. The smell of vanilla, Christmas trees and snowflakes (I swear this one is amazing) makes my apartment feel that much more cozy in the winter time. There are so many holiday events that you need a little hostess gift for and these are perfect (and easy). Some come in pretty enough packaging that you are set to go!!
Top Row: Archipelago Winter Frost Candle – $30 // Primitives by Kathy “Get Your Jingle On” Mason Jar Candle - $16 // Niven Morgan Square Holiday Winter Fig Candle (already comes perfectly packaged!) – $38 // Nest Holiday Candle (everyone’s favorite) – $34
Bottom Row: Henri Bendel Holiday Candle (always a great go-to) – $30 // Archipelago Hope Candle – $16 // Anthropologie Capri Mercury Candles (comes in a bunch of sizes) – $28 // Tocca Marrakesh Holiday Candle - $45
Friday (and the cold) is officially here!!! I have a busy weekend of catching up on pretty much everything I didn’t do on my to-do list but I’m getting so so excited to head to Florida in ten days. I can’t wait to get some sun!
1. A lot of great places for gifts have some great discounts going on right now. 20% off of Williams Sonoma (through Mon), 25% off of Kate Spade with code BEMERRY (ends Sun), 30% off of Papyrus with code FFPYNQ4 (through Sun) and 20% off of Bloomingdales with code HOLIDAY (ends Sat).
2. So not to stray too far from the normal seven things, this SNL “ad” for when you are addicted to Taylor Swift is pretty entertaining.
3. These nautical ceramic plates and mugs are such cute little gifts for someone including the impossible present people (men).
4. Adam Levine was on Jimmy Fallon and their song impersonations cracked me up.
5. Loeffler Randall, you really just get me. First off, your resort collection came just as I’m about to go to Florida for Thanksgiving and Mexico for Christmas (yessssss). Second, you invented ADORABLE sneakers that I can actually wear when I’m a tourist and never want to be caught dead in sneakers.
6. Sparkle season has begun (see more next week on this and gift guides!!!) and this Milly dress is on my list. When I sent it to Lauren she responded “NEED” so it’s like air pretty much.
7. I have an amazing “Friendsgiving” coming up next weekend and my recipes are all coming from these five.
You really can never have too many blouses that go with work and play. I have a few that are my go-to’s and they vary in price points – JCrew to Zara to Rebecca Taylor to Phillip Lim. Everything. I love Maje and I saw this top and thought how great it would be for a simple black pencil skirt to work or under a blazer with black skinnies on a casual Friday. I love these bow blouses because they look great with my hair up in a bun (i.e. I’m tired and don’t feel like washing my hair). Then I saw the Zara version and didn’t even think of why I would spent $200+ extra on the same top. Zara’s version comes in other colors too but the black and white is a classic. Why mess with tradition??
Splurge: Maje Gustin Contrast Bow Muslin Top – $260
Steal: Zara Shirt with Bow Collar - $50
My lust list this week is a bit confused because I am confused. Do I want winter cozy clothes? Fall day looks? Holiday sparkle? Fun accessories? I mean I just do NOT KNOW. I want everything apparently so please excuse the hodge podge. What I’m really lusting for is a replacement to my black wool winter coat (mine don’t fit so it’s a reasonable excuse) so stay tuned for options on that this week.
Clockwise from top left: JCrew Cambridge Cable Crew Sweater (just a classic in so many great colors) – $88 // Simone Rocha Chain Embellished Calf Hair Flats (it’s like a Chanel bag on your feet) – $895 (sorry) // Loren Hope Chloe Bow Tie Necklace (I mean…) – $298 / Kate Spade Glitter Studs - $38 // Milly 3/4 Sleeve Embellished Dress (love this in gray too) – $425 // JCrew Factory Chiffon Dot Top (I’ve posted this top before but putting it in again bc it’s gotten so much use this fall!) – $70 // Kate Spade Florentina Lace Booties – $238 (were $398) // Tory Burch Kathleen Skirt (perfect to pair with a black top and black tights) – $295 // MICHAEL Michael Kors Asymmetrical Wool Coat – $300 // The Andy Cohen Diaries (This changes this list name to the MUST LIST) – $20 // Elizabeth Cole Willa Earrings – $118 // JCrew Italian Brushed Scarf – $70
Holiday collections are in full force and it’s my favorite time to shop. So many dresses and fun shiny things to pick from but let’s start from the bottom up with your feetsies. Kate Spade, as always, has a holiday collection that is swoon-worthy and her shoes are no exception. Go get some sparkle!!!
Top Row: MICHAEL Michael Kors Yvonne Bootie - $190 // Kate Spade Lissie Heels - $350 // Jeffrey Campbell Dulce Heel – $190
Bottom Row: Tory Burch Mariel Sandal - $395 // Ted Baker Azaural Pump – $240 // Kate Spade Lovely Pump – $350