My current client has me walking down Michigan Avenue in Chicago every morning and it’s a fun walk (for now before it gets freezing cold). Every window has plaid everywhere! There are so many pretty ones out there right now and they couldn’t be more welcoming of the fall weather.
Clockwise from top left: Red Valentino Plaid Skirt (also loving the dress and top version) – $395 // Forever 21 Frayed Plaid Scarf – $13 // Mark and Graham Buffalo Check Cosmetics Case – $49 // Prada Tartan Pump (i can’t even breathe right now) – $650 // Brooks Brothers Tartan Dress – $198 // Rails Hunter Plaid Skirt – $100 (was $148) // Kate Spade Britney Slipper (OMG NEED) – $68 // Tuckernuck Navy Tartan Scarf – $45 // Proenza Schouler Lunch Bag– $760 // Kate Spade Woodland Midi Skirt– $368 // Soft Joie Cassina Dress – $188
This has been a longgggg week. Lauren and I were texting late last night about a) why we were up so late (UGH OUR JOBS) and b) why we are ALWAYS UP. The reasons to both? Work. We are sleepy ladies. Fall is officially here though and these sequin pumpkins feel like they were made for my new apartment. You can make these yourself (DIY pretty pumpkin instructions here)!
1. The Pope is here, you guys. You can’t help but feel inspired this week. An interesting article on Pope Francis and now I am going to take another lesson from him and stop spending my hard earned casheesh.
2. But maybe I’ll buy this goatskin leather blazer FIRST and then stop spending.
3. Here’s to a another DIY project these weekend. I want to try this white + gold leaf picture frame for my new digs!
4. I love a simple piece of jewelry. This ring is no exception.
5. Tights season is coming up shortly. I was shocked reading this article on how to make your tights last longer this winter season.
6. Are you guys still into peplum? If you’re still rocking it, this colorblocked ruffle sweater is srsly cute.
7. NYMag’s article on the prom queen of Instagram is long but seriously worth the entertainment. This girl is a junior in high school and legit fascinating.
My hair right now is LONG. It is mermaid style. While I love having it this length, it is gross and definitely damaged. I also tend to get insane knots when the winter season comes if my hair is at this (sort of professionally inappropriate, long-hair-don’t-care) hair length. Enter hair masks and strengthening products. My hair needs some serious HELP to keep it looking its best and keep up with my highlights (or enhancements, as I like to call them). Here are my go-to products to keep my hair silky and strengthen these strands UP.
Kerastase Chroma Riche Hair Masque (not a mask, a hair MASQUE) – $62.50. This mask really makes your hair so gorgeous. It leaves it silky and smooth especially for anyone with dry hair that happens this winter season!
Aveda Dry Remedy Hair Oil – $29. This stuff smells like patchouli and some sort of festival with hipsters but it is amazing.
Bumble and Bumble Full Potential Shampoo ($34) and Conditioner ($31). I tried this stuff as samples and after three washes, I was hooked. Bumble and Bumble saves my hair once again.
Fall is a comin’! Lots of cute stuff out there right now, accessories included. I can’t even imagine walking around in that Rebecca Taylor coat and the multiple ways you could rock that suede skirt are endless. Also, that JCrew field jacket in oxblood? You’ll wear it every day in October.
Clockwise from top left: Rebecca Taylor Fringe Hooded Coat – $795 // Baublebar Pink Angelic Drops (we are ALL PINK ANGELS) – $34 // Kate Spade Lovely Pumps (these are like presents on your feet) – $350 // Tuckernuck Navy Plaid Blanket Scarf – $45 // Erikson Beamon Lady of the Lake Ring – $160 // JCrew Cap Sleeve Silk Top – $88 // Topshop Suede Button Up Skirt (I love this with an equipment blouse) – $ // Bowery Hinged Cuff Bracelet – $168 // Zac by Zac Posen Foldover Satchel – $450 // Extra Large Acrylic Monogram (fun and in tons of colors!) – $85 // Alice & Olivia Textured Collared Dress (I can’t, it’s so perfect) – $395 // JCrew Downtown Field Jacket – $148
Aquazurra shoes are everywhere right now and for a very good reason. I spotted these flats out on Saturday night in cobalt blue and I had to say, I was jealous. I can’t imagine the piece in the back to be so comfortable but it’s a great fall trend. Enter Topshop’s version of the lace up flat. Save yourself a few pennies (and blister bandaids) and pair with your skinnies to step your outfit up a notch.
Splurge: Aquazzura Christy Flat – $695
Steal: Topshop Kingdom Flats – $100
What is everyone up to this weekend? I am looking forward to some sleep and enjoying the last of this amazing weather!! I covered a few cities in my work travels this week so on the cards this weekend is a serious hair mask and some SERUMS to help the plane damage. Happy weekend! xoxo (Image courtesy of OhHappyDay”s instagram)
1. These suede shorts. Lauren needs these immediately.
2. Mental noting these gorgeous floral ice cubes for when I throw my housewarming party this winter. I need some time to get the place ready PEOPLE.
3. I came across these Trina Turk shoes this week and I love them. I always struggle to find dressy sandals that I actually like. These fit the bill.
4. Anyone want to go for a pizza date?
5. Saw this jacket in the window of Zara in Chicago this week. It’s classic and will be a work staple for those of us that classic pieces every day.
6. 17 websites to visit when you are bored out of your mind…an article from Buzzfeed, my usual go-to when I need a mind break.
7. This pink sweater COATIGAN. Yes please!
This fall is full of neutrals – except this time it’s not just black and tan but amazing blush tones and rich metallics that are making the cut. September is always a tough time for shopping; you’re not quite ready for fall yet because it’s technically still summer so clothes never seem THAT cute to you. I always think it’s a good thing because mental note what you want and once we are all in cold weather mode, buy it when it goes on sale! Oh and WHOOPSIES if you got this to your emails yesterday!
Clockwise from top left: Sam Edelman Belinda Boot – $175 // Krewe LGD Sunglasses – $235 // Tory Burch Anorak with Plaid Lining – $595 // JCrew Cable Crewneck Sweater (love the texture on this that comes in great fall colors) – $98 // Chloe Lauren Flats (my FAVORITE flats in an awesome fall metallic hue) – $475 // Splendid Chambray Shirtdress – $185 // JCrew Easy Short in Marble (I love how this print can pair well with a black silk top to go out or a chambray top during the day) – $50 // Joie Kulani Top (such a gorge white top to wear ALL year long) – $228 // Rag & Bone Dunaway Hat (inspired by my ever chic friend Anne who was rocking a hat the last time I saw her and I was envious of how cool she is) – $198 // Santi Beaded Minaudiere (this gorge line of clutches is already noted on my holiday gifts for my mom) -$195 // JCrew Cari Cami in Watercolor Floral – $98
Hello Monday…ugh. What a Sunday, right? Fashion Week, US Open finals AND first NFL Sunday? It was a good one. Thank you, sports. I was perusing the Loeffler Randall fall collection this weekend and just wanted to share my favorites right now since many of these pieces are so interesting and unique. Owning any one of the pieces below would step up my fall fashion game 100%.
Top Row: Nicola Knot D’Orsay Pump – $325 // Industry Bucket Bag (fringe + bucket bag = 100) – $395 // Ambra Lace Up Flat (glad this trend is sticking around) – $295 // Mazzy Slip On Sneaker – $325
Bottom Row: Junior Lock Clutch (this combo of silver + calf hair is unreal) – $375 // Pari Fringe Pump ( can’t have enough of these Paris!) – $395 // Shearling Bomber (or this jacket if you want to be a bit more subtle) – $1295 // Jolie Kitten Heel – $350
Hello hello everyone!!! Happy Friday! Happy September! Happy Fashion Week! Happy everything! I’ve missed you!! I am sorry to have been blogging absent these past couple of months. Between buying an apartment, decorating, my sissy getting married, oh and that pesky job of mine, life has been BUSY. But I am back and what better way to say hello than a Seven Things? Any requests this fall ladies??? Let’s get them in. xxoxoxox
1. I’m headed to the US Open today and while I hope I get on camera, I’m not sure my parents know all of the moves like Jimmy and Justin…
2. This tweed jacket for fall. NO WORDS.
3. I am sure many of you saw this but I had to repost. Socialty Barbie’s instagram making fun of everyone’s absurdly superficial and fake posts are amazing. Thank you Barbie for always being A+.
4. I’ll be posting more on the suede trend for fall this season but in the meantime, this navy Theory dress has a serious spot on my current wish list.
5. I’ve never been huge into fringe but if you wanted to dabble in it this fall, my favorite Loeffler pumps have a cool addition to the heel!
6. A workout you can do in your car? It might not be a 5 mile run but anything counts, right?!!
7. JCrew fall collection is back, y’all. THANK HEAVENS my two year hiatus on JCrew purchases can COMMENCE with this adorable sweater, this perfect silk top and a dress to work that I would be happy in.