Another exhausting week come and gone and I am ready to turn my computer off for a couple of days. PP reunion this weekend!! So excited to see Lauren and drink champs and catch up. xoxoxo (photo courtesy of Domino magazine’s instagram – such a good one!).
1. I’ve been into the helix cuffs lately and this double one is seriously cool.
2. Pets hating their halloween costumes is making me LAUGH.
3. This dress is being added to my work wardrobe. It’s cool and professional, a tough combo to find.
4. Someone invented a recipe for funfetti twinkies. That someone is my dream whisperer.
5. I’m kind of into this navy suede Tory Burch tote.
6. You guys, I got a fitbit and I’m kind of obsessed with it. My favorite part is tracking my sleep and seeing that I really do sleep like a person who is unconscious. Do I need one of these? HELP.
7. An assortment of men’s fall shoe options (hello male readers!!!)
Last week, I had two of my dear friends request my favorite fall booties for this season. Let me just share my thoughts on booties with y’all. I wish I was 5’10 with legs for days but while I am relatively tall for a girl, my height is alllll in my torso and my legs are NOT just long and lean. I love a bootie though. The trick to flattering booties is to have a cut at the front that goes down at an ankle and doesn’t cut across your calf in a straight line (thank you Rag & Bone for getting me). If you have the legs to pull it off, go for it because it’s a great look but if you are LEG CHALLENGED like myself (no matter how many miles you run) get yo’self a pair of the below. Most of these have a chunkier heel which make them do-able for daytime play and also nighttime wear. If you have the cash, the Isabel Marant dickers are by far the coolest booties I have ever seen and our very own Lauren has these and is obsessed. I own the Club Monaco pair below and I can wear them all day long and not complain so that’s a plus. Get involved, people.
Top Row: Club Monaco Brooklyn -$398 // Joie Ajax (I love the slouch factor on these with leggings / skinnies and they come in great colors) – $295 // Vince Camuto Hillsy (comes in a few colors) – $160 // Rag & Bone Harrow (5 sick colors) – $525
Bottom Row: Rag & Bone Margot (my personal favorite) – $525 // Paul & Green Delgado – $389 // Splendid Addie – $178 // H by Hudson Kiver – $198
It’s a request week here at PP. First up? A colleague of mine asked for some suggestions on pretty scarves to dress up her weekend wear. This blanket wrap scarf trend isn’t going anywhere and I am actually loving the options more this season than last. Some favorites here below!
Top Row: Zara Black and White Checked – $26 // // Shiraleah Langley Scarf – $28 // Lands End Oversized Scarf – $34 // BP Autumn Plaid Scarf – $26
Bottom Row: Look by M Plaid Scarf – $45 // Apt 9 Fringe Plaid scarf (I love this one and this pretty color palette too) – $24 // Zara Doublle Sided Check Scarf (it’s awesome when laid out) – $30 // Forever 21 Frayed Plaid Scarf (love it in both colors and it’s $13 so a no brainer) – $13
What is everyone up to this weekend? I am looking forward to some sleep and enjoying the last of this amazing weather!! I covered a few cities in my work travels this week so on the cards this weekend is a serious hair mask and some SERUMS to help the plane damage. Happy weekend! xoxo (Image courtesy of OhHappyDay”s instagram)
1. These suede shorts. Lauren needs these immediately.
2. Mental noting these gorgeous floral ice cubes for when I throw my housewarming party this winter. I need some time to get the place ready PEOPLE.
3. I came across these Trina Turk shoes this week and I love them. I always struggle to find dressy sandals that I actually like. These fit the bill.
4. Anyone want to go for a pizza date?
5. Saw this jacket in the window of Zara in Chicago this week. It’s classic and will be a work staple for those of us that classic pieces every day.
6. 17 websites to visit when you are bored out of your mind…an article from Buzzfeed, my usual go-to when I need a mind break.
7. This pink sweater COATIGAN. Yes please!
Hello hello everyone!!! Happy Friday! Happy September! Happy Fashion Week! Happy everything! I’ve missed you!! I am sorry to have been blogging absent these past couple of months. Between buying an apartment, decorating, my sissy getting married, oh and that pesky job of mine, life has been BUSY. But I am back and what better way to say hello than a Seven Things? Any requests this fall ladies??? Let’s get them in. xxoxoxox
1. I’m headed to the US Open today and while I hope I get on camera, I’m not sure my parents know all of the moves like Jimmy and Justin…
2. This tweed jacket for fall. NO WORDS.
3. I am sure many of you saw this but I had to repost. Socialty Barbie’s instagram making fun of everyone’s absurdly superficial and fake posts are amazing. Thank you Barbie for always being A+.
4. I’ll be posting more on the suede trend for fall this season but in the meantime, this navy Theory dress has a serious spot on my current wish list.
5. I’ve never been huge into fringe but if you wanted to dabble in it this fall, my favorite Loeffler pumps have a cool addition to the heel!
6. A workout you can do in your car? It might not be a 5 mile run but anything counts, right?!!
7. JCrew fall collection is back, y’all. THANK HEAVENS my two year hiatus on JCrew purchases can COMMENCE with this adorable sweater, this perfect silk top and a dress to work that I would be happy in.
Happy Friday!!! I am so excited for a relaxing weekend. The weather is great, I’m fully juice cleansed, and my spray tan is about to happen as this post gets published. XoXo
1. Blue and white is my favorite and this dress is perfection (my sissy’s shower perhaps?).
2. Sometimes I feel like I am a Disney princess so this article resonated.
3. I posted this necklace a couple of weeks ago but I have gotten so many compliments on it, it’s a must.
4. Things that don’t go together: Silicon Valley and Fashion Week.
5. Got these shoes at the Loeffler Randall sample sale this week ($350 down to $150? I think yes). Go check out the sale NYC girls! It’s A+
6. If you haven’t read the NYTimes article on nail salons, please do. It was a real eye-opener for me (thank you, Dad) and I can’t stop following the news on it since.
7. Mad Men is over this weekend. I wasn’t into it these past two seasons but these most recent episodes are A+. 6 Things you need to know for the finale (spoiler alert, obvs).
Happy May everyone! Spring has definitely sprung in nyc and the city is looking it’s prettiest. Hope everyone has fun plans for the derby and is wearing a big hat this weekend. xoxoxo
1. Times New Roman is the “sweatpants” of fonts for resumes.
2. Dreaming of wearing this dress this summer. If only it weren’t $1400.
3. The A to Z of Harry Potter. HP has come back into my life at full force and I’m all about it.
4. My favorite kind of jewelry – simple and clean. This ring is so easy.
5. I always post about dogs and have been told that I am being discriminatory about cats. Shoutout to Wilbur, basically the mascot of our business school years, but this article explains cats expressions and it was definitely not what I thought.
6. On my workout list this month? This 40 minute full body routine that had me sore for two days and this inner thigh workout (12 minutes) which I probably need to do every single day.
7. This gingham top and shorts combo from DVF – I DIE.
So we’re still expecting snow… and all I want is spring… in protest, I have begun whipping out my “spring jeans” and wearing them with boots and other winter pairings. I dont care. Below are a few of my favorites for now AND later.
Rag & Bone
I am absolutely obsessed with these and WILL be purchasing these. They would work nicely with a chunky knit – black, white, cream – before the warm weather hits and then with your favorite t shirt or blouse in a few weeks.
This is my absolute favorite color – why not have a pair of jeans in this hue? A little pastel next to a snowy ground never hurt anyone. In fact I think these are awesome for immediate wear.
In case you’re in need of a new pair of white jeans — I always default to these tried and trusted J. Brands. The rise is just right and the material is not transparent (easily the most pervasive offensive of light jeans). I’ve been wearing my white jeans with my suede booties and a big sweater recently. Perfect excuse to jump start the spring shopping.
I’m not sure about you all, but my winter is filling up with special occasions – weddings, fundraisers, vacations to escape this nasty weather… and with that comes the daunting task of looking good and staying comfortable (read: warm). I have a few events that I need to dress for – ranging from casual to cocktail to black tie… and here are some of the looks I am eyeing.
Anyone who knows me, knows I love a good jumpsuit. A black jumpsuit has been a staple in my closet for years and I don’t think it ever hurts to add to the collection. This one is versatile and will take me into the spring and fall… it can also be dressed up or down.
I love sleeves on dresses, and in this case, they add a practical element and help keep you a little bit warmer.
Elizabeth & James
Sexy and chic – if you’re been abiding by your New Year’s resolutions, this little number will flatter a well kept figure.
I like the heavy texture on this – the poofy skirt balances the look by making it playful and feminine.
A pop of orange stands out in a sea of winter picks. I think this color rocks!
This is so Audrey Hepburn meets 2015 – a perfectly demure LBD. I love the tight top and feminine skirt. Oh, look, it comes in red, too:
(shopper’s note: this fabric is “denim” which may not be dressy enough for some occasions – you would need to try it in person to make sure).