My sister’s shower is coming up this weekend (yay!) and besides finding the most perfect blush + gold paper theme (love this Etsy shop), I wanted this tea party to be Pretty Polished Perfection. However, my home ownership is rapidly approaching so my budget is LIMITED (an understatement). I had my eye on the periwinkle Shoshanna dress below and thanks to my awesome friend Abby, I saw it was on RTR. While on there, I found some other lovely frocks that I debated so wanted to share my thought process.
ML Monique Lhuillier Blooms Dress (the back!) – $90 // Theia Gradient Dress -$85 // ERIN Erin Fetherston Crossing Florals Dress – $75 // Yoana Baraschi Pepin Sheath – $65 // Shoshanna Lace Siera Dress – $75
Baby blue is one of my favorite colors for just about anything but that hydrangea + periwinkle + baby blue combo really tops it all for me and I’ve been on the hunt for more of it to wear to lots of events this summer. My favorite dresses below. Which ones should I get?!!
Aqua Eyelet Dress – $80 // Twelfth Street By Cynthia Vincent Fringe Shift Dress – $207 (was $295) // Shoshanna Sierra Lace Dress – $375 // Topshop Sleeveless Overlay Dress – $68 // Camilyn Beth Go Go Dress (dream of this one) – $260
I did my closet switch-over this weekend and one of my favorite parts is reminding myself how much color I wear during the warmer months!! One of my favorite brands for awesome pops of color is Alice and Trixie. This brand makes the most gorgeous prints in silk dresses that will instantly make you smile. I wore an amazing strapless (Alice and Trixie maxi (!!) to the Lilly Beach Bash this past December (here’s a pic of me at the party!) and I couldn’t have channeled 60’s Palm Beach chic any better. I’m looking for my next Alice and Trixie and here are my favorites so far…
Tiffany Maxi (the back of this!) – $390
Jackie Shift Dress – $286
Andi Dress (I love the style of their maxis with the awesome shoulder cuts and the navy top) – $320
Sometimes we have a weekday evening that is just way better than others. Last night I attended the Milly for Kohl’s launch party at the Mondrian Soho (amazing venue!) and it was so much more fun than finishing my work on my couch for the night. The new line is inspired by “la dolce vita” and the pieces are summer chic. The line features some really fun pieces. This crop top + skirt white combo, matching Milly for you and your munchkinette and this perfect striped tee. My favorite item in the collection? This black & white dress with LEMON accents. So cute!
I loved seeing the celebs modeling the fun pieces (and Michelle Smith the designer herself!). Could Hannah Davis be any more gorgeous? It’s like she glows from the inside.
How stunning is this ceiling???
Milly Italian Cady Shell Top – $230 // Tibi Ribbon Bow Skirt – $550 // JCrew Pearl Hammock Necklace – $98
Spring means a lot of things. Warmer weather to push me to run more, spray tans commencing and my Equinox membership getting it’s real value. Another favorite? Lilly dresses. I am loving the 60’s Lilly theme this season ( that crop top combo might be purchased for my sissy’s bachelorette) and there are so many cute prints this year!
Vanna Crop Top Set (it’s TOO CUTE) – $198 // Alexa High Collar Shift (I own this and am obsessed) -$198 // Breakers Lace Top Shift Dress – $298 // Ember Shift Dress (I love this coral print!) – $198 // Rosie Square Neck Shift (the applique is so pretty) – $198
It’s Labor Day Weekend!!!! I can’t believe summer is over but if you can get to the beach in September, it’s really the best time to go. Lots of sales going on for your Labor Day weekends including 30% off of everything at CWonder, 25% off a lot of amazing pieces at JCrew (code ALMOSTFALL) and an extra 30% off of sale items on DVF (some amazing dresses in this sale!). Have a great long weekend! xoxox
1. Fall is coming and a lightweight sweater is the key transitional piece.
2. Who doesn’t love rose in the summers? There is a shortage in the Hamptons (911) but here is a great compiled list of the best ones. #yeswayrose.
3. This is literally the cutest video of all time. Thank you Katie for sending.
4. A perfect fall nude flat.
5. I love this article for so many reasons. 1. The songs for running are great. 2. The gifs are seriously amazing. Nothing makes me happier than 80’s version of Karen Walker dancing. Ugh I miss Will and Grace.
6. This dress for any event you have for fall. It is STUNNING.
7. I love the idea of this star necklace laying simply underneath a white button down for work. Have I written enough about jewelry this week?!!
I’ve spent a lot of weekends away this summer and as August goes by, my packing has become pretty efficient. My weekend bag always has alternatives of the below but my basics are pretty much: daytime dress, shorts + sweater for evenings, comfy clothes for lounging and my MUST is Bumble & Bumble Surf Shampoo/Conditioner. I am not a huge makeup girl in the summer so I rely on summer waves and spray tan to keep me pretty! It’s only Monday but that just means five more days until sun again! Speaking of sun, go check out the Lilly Pulitzer sale today (starts at 8AM and probably will crash their site so check it out ASAP). As an aside, a shoutout happy birthday to my bestest friend Teri. Love you lots!!
Clockwise from top left: JCrew Factory Denim Jacket (this is my favorite purchase of summer 2014) – $45 // BaubleBar Heartbreaker Bib – $46 // Reece Hudson Croc Embossed Clutch – $295 // Eberjey Pajama Short Set (probably my most worn thing over a beach weekend!) – $97 // JCrew Drapey Beach Sweater – $40 (was $70) // Bumble and Bumble Surf Set – $28 // Kaeli Smith Fish Cosmetics Bag – $13 // Juliet & Company Marguerite Earrings – $36 // Mark & Graham Elisabetta Handbag – $398 // JCrew Denim Shorts – $80 // Loeffler Randall Sarie Sandal – $175 // Just Madras Natalie Dress – $130
August is here you guys, which means summer is slowly fading away. This is terrible news. I am going to try to milk every last day out of it before September ends. This means laying out with my kindle and reading a new novel. Let’s hope for sunny skies!!
1. Hello, Vince coat. You are pretty much amazing for fall.
2. If you haven’t seen this child yet, he is absolutely hilarious and I hope gets a youtube series. Another hilarious youtube video for you is this hilarious little munchkinette listening to Katy Perry.
3. I could really go for these monogrammed sunglasses for under $50.
3. I am a loyal Today Show viewer and one of their summer topics is a 30 day detox of anything you deem a bad habit. Matt Lauer chose ice cream, Savannah chose the word “selfie” and my choice is no shopping until September 1st. Cheaters put $5 into a cheating fund but I’m proud to say I’ve gone 8 days without cheating. 22 to go! Try it.
4. New York City in the summertime can be hot but nothing is hotter/swampier than the subways. Turning the 34th street station stop into a spa? Only in NYC.
5. This JCrew dress is a great “wear now and later” option. It comes in lots of colors and can be worn in so many different ways.
6. Some of these you may know, but these iPhone tricks are pretty sold.
7. A shoutout to my fav Lindsay Hagan for her ongoing love of the shark tooth necklace. It’s Shark Week so here are some great (and hilarious) shark themed options.
While I am trying to be good and keep my spending to a minimum for the next few months, that doesn’t mean I am not still looking. The key to buying pieces right now are making sure they are ones you can wear now and continue to keep wearing into fall. Neutrals are an easy way to do this but there are more to neutrals than just tans and whites. Think gray, think navy…all of the below can be mixed and matched with your current summer pieces (white skinnies anyone?) or easily paired with your fall denim.
JCrew Heart Dot Shorts – $60 // Soludos Striped Smoking Espadrille – $55 // Baublebar Raw Geode Collar – $44 // JCrew Mixed Media Sweater – $98 // Mark and Graham Elisabetta Slouch Bag in gray (looooove this) – $398 // Just Madras Sleeveless Ruffle Dress – $130 // JCrew Factory Denim Jacket (I got this jacket for $30 and I haven’t taken it off for almost a month) – $45 // Reece Hudson Croc Embossed Pouchette – $295 // Cushion Gem Studs – $26 // Stella & Dot Oslo Necklace – $118 // Equipment Arden Blouse (wear now with white pants / wear later with denim/gray/or navy) – $248
*Can someone please find me these summer Chandon bottles??? Love!!!
1. A colleague of mine sent over these very crafty travel tips!!! A razor in a binder clip? GEN-IUS.
2. Hello perfect wrap dress and gorgeous black blouse on sale.
3. Shockingly, Iggy Azalea is not her real name.
4. Lauren pointed out this absurd Allure magazine article calling Lauren Conrad (PP inspiration) “basic”. #AllureFAIL.
5. A workout to get your legs ready for legging season.
6. Rebecca Taylor’s summer sale is pretty amazing. Get 40% off with code SUMMERSALE. I love the cut and color of this dress, this top is a solid go-to and this white dress qualifies as perfect LWD.
7. Some education for us water drinkers.