Now that the first official summer weekend has happened (and my first summer sunburn), it’s time to get your weekend getaway clothes packed into a cute weekender bag! I have a Le Sportsac that I got a few years ago and I love how super light the bag itself is (and how it can fit a little or a LOT of clothes). Here are some other options ranging from preppy to chic and small to giant. Almost all of the bags below come in different colors so check them out!
Top Row: Audrey Striped Weekender – $ 225 // Mark and Graham Club Overnight Bag (my favorite and comes in solid colors!) – $150 // Henri Bendel Weekender (good for max 2 nights) – $98 // Mark and Graham Canvas with Leather Trim Bag – $200
Bottom Row: Baggu Weekender (the gold dipping is so cute!) – $55 // Deux Lux Striped Weekender – $145 // CB Station Monogrammed Satchel (also in pink or red!) – $120
It’s Memorial Day weekend which is the unofficial start to summer but more importantly, a day to pay tribute to the men and women who are serving our country. It’s also fleet week here in NYC so lots of tips of the hat from my end.
1. Memorial Day means white is 100% allowed (rule following or not, we can all wear our white pants now). I’m on the hunt for a white denim jacket to add to my spring jacket collection. Maybe this one from JCrew…
2. In honor of David Letterman’s last show, his Taco Bell prank from 1996 makes you laugh not just because of how funny he is but also the hair/outfits are a legit throwback.
3. If you know me, you know I am obsessed with any sort of flavored seltzer and could talk about it for hours (it’s like my version of Best In Show). Clearly Canadian coming back? WHAT.
4. I can’t get enough of this Lilly print.
5. I love the idea of these (easy) red white and blue cones to bring to your Memorial Day bbqs!
6. This dress is $36 and it’s not even a question if it’s joining my summer wardrobe.
7. Celebrity book lists. I am downloading lots of these for my relaxing beach weekend with my dear friend Ashleigh! xoxox
A few weeks ago, a girl getting her nails done next to me was wearing the sickest flats I’ve ever seen. We chatted and she told me about these Aquazzura flats shown below. It would be awesome to spend $700 on flats but I looked around to find some other cool options and found some winners!!
Top Row: Aquazurra Christy Flats – $675 // Loeffler Randall Saffron Wrap Sandals – $250 // Madewell Nora Flat – $85
Bottom Row: Anthropologie Billy Lace Up Flats – $178 // Rock & Republic Lace Up Flats – $25 (were $55) // Isabel Marant Leo Flat – $650
I’ve had a lot of gifts to buy lately and that always leads me to a monogram. I’ve had a lot of fun finding new and fun ways to add a touch of personalization and thought. My favorites as of late are below. Gift away!!
Clockwise from top left: Three J NYC Flannel Nightshirt – $92 // Minnie and Emma Banana Leaf Lucite Tray – $78 // Hamilton Cocktail Napkins – $52 // Acryllic Pencil Cup – $18 // Tortoise Sunglasses – $48 // Beach Tunic – $50 // Newport Striped Clutch – $56 // Reef Boat Tote – $30 // Parker Thatch Jewelry Rolls – $78
Happy Friday!!! I am so excited for a relaxing weekend. The weather is great, I’m fully juice cleansed, and my spray tan is about to happen as this post gets published. XoXo
1. Blue and white is my favorite and this dress is perfection (my sissy’s shower perhaps?).
2. Sometimes I feel like I am a Disney princess so this article resonated.
3. I posted this necklace a couple of weeks ago but I have gotten so many compliments on it, it’s a must.
4. Things that don’t go together: Silicon Valley and Fashion Week.
5. Got these shoes at the Loeffler Randall sample sale this week ($350 down to $150? I think yes). Go check out the sale NYC girls! It’s A+
6. If you haven’t read the NYTimes article on nail salons, please do. It was a real eye-opener for me (thank you, Dad) and I can’t stop following the news on it since.
7. Mad Men is over this weekend. I wasn’t into it these past two seasons but these most recent episodes are A+. 6 Things you need to know for the finale (spoiler alert, obvs).
1. There is no introduction for this week’s Seven Things because #1 is a new BRITNEY SONG. There is no better way to start your weekend!!!
2. The Met Gala. Beyonce’s dress. J Lo’s unreal body. Pretty much everything. I have no words. But these memes of Rihanna’s dress keep making me giggle (even when they compared her to eggs – gross).
3. These Fendi wayfarers are so fun and cool with their different colors / prints.
4. Reese Witherspoon is the latest celeb with a lifestyle site. For some reason, I have a good feeling about this one.
5. This Iro blazer. Not so much online but in person I swear it’s AMAZING.
6. A woman gave up her $95K salary to move to the islands. If only I didn’t have a mortgage / Amex statement…
7. Flamingos on my feet? I think yes.
Why not welcome spring with your feet and not just your wardrobes??? I love the idea of pairing transitional pieces like a solid black or navy dress with a fun pair of heels to add some flavor to the outfit. This weather can’t not put a smile to your face so even if you’re stuck in a windowless office, your shoes can do it too!
Top Row: SJP Sister Pointy Toe Pumps (these are prob my sissies favorites and she’ll want us to get matching) – $355 // Tory Burch Issy Floral Pumps – $295 // Marc by Marc Jacobs Floral Pump – $309
Bottom Row: Guess Rabbit Pump (I know, Guess!) – $95 // Loeffler Randall Pari Pump (my favorites) – $295 // Manolo Blahnik BB Pumps – $695
Mother’s Day is next week and this year I have so many close friends that are new moms it feels like a totally different holiday. These are some suggestions for any sort of mom but also ones to mental note for birthdays too! My mom’s gift will be a work in progress this summer that you guys will definitely hear more about!
Clockwise from top left: Blanch Robe – $98 // Lunares Bamboo Bowl – $40 // GigiNY Teddie Tote (in tons of colors) – $335 // GigiNY Uber Clutch (to match!) – $130 // Jack Rogers Georgica Jelly Sandals (in lots of colors) – $49 // Pomegranate Green Elephant Shawl – $64 // Oscar De La Renta Asymmetric Earrings – $395 // Neiman Marcus Collection Cardigan (this is PERFECT and comes in lots of pretty pastels) – $185 // Toss Designs Geneva Ava Bag (looove these bamboo handles) – $152 // JCrew Striped Espadrille Sneaker – $98 // Parker Thatch Customized Tote Bag (I love this idea for one of my new-mom friends) – $98 (or more) // Hinge Lace Trim Scarf – $38 // Tory Burch Faux Pearl Multistrand Necklace – $395 // RabLabs Kivita Snow Coasters (NEED) – $72
Happy May everyone! Spring has definitely sprung in nyc and the city is looking it’s prettiest. Hope everyone has fun plans for the derby and is wearing a big hat this weekend. xoxoxo
1. Times New Roman is the “sweatpants” of fonts for resumes.
2. Dreaming of wearing this dress this summer. If only it weren’t $1400.
3. The A to Z of Harry Potter. HP has come back into my life at full force and I’m all about it.
4. My favorite kind of jewelry – simple and clean. This ring is so easy.
5. I always post about dogs and have been told that I am being discriminatory about cats. Shoutout to Wilbur, basically the mascot of our business school years, but this article explains cats expressions and it was definitely not what I thought.
6. On my workout list this month? This 40 minute full body routine that had me sore for two days and this inner thigh workout (12 minutes) which I probably need to do every single day.
7. This gingham top and shorts combo from DVF – I DIE.
I sound like a broken record but every year around this time I struggle. It’s warm but not hot, it’s cold sometimes and then it’s not. Layers are obviously key. However, what to buy during this season is even tougher. You have weddings to go to, kids birthday parties to attend, beaches to visit (and beach bodies to work on)…I mean LIFE IS TOUGH. So when my lust lists are even more random than usual, let’s blame the April/May transition.
Clockwise from top left: Jimmy Choo Ivette Sandals (drool) – $775 // Alicia Bell Tie Tunic Dress (we have found the perfect cover up, people) – $198 // Roarke Dove Gray Scarf Necklace – $395 // Carrie Cami in Tropical Frond – $98 // Kate Spade Clam Shell Clutch – $298 // Cece by Cynthia Steffe Eyelet Shirt Dress – $158 // Tropicana Madison Zip Pouch – $55 //JCrew Teardrop Stone Necklace – $102 // Topshop Crocheted Dress (LWD season here we come) – $130 // Henri Bendel Victoria Sunglasses – $125 // Krass & Ko Striped Shorts (are these not the cutest running shorts??) – $45 // BaubleBar Beaded Strands (in coral and in so many great colors) – $36