Within the last few weeks I have stumbled upon a few products I can’t believe I lived without… here they are:
Benefit They’re Real Mascara
Anyone who knows me, knows that I am pretttyyyy serious about my mascara endorsements. Up until yesterday, it had been Armani’s original Eyes to Kill, and while I definitely still love that product… I have to say, this Benefit They’re Real mascara is probably the best I’ve ever seen for feathery lashes. I borrowed a friend’s yesterday and holy moly… you guys, this is serious stuff. I don’t know what to say other than get your hands on this immediately!
Armani Liquid Summer
I bought this as part of my purchases after getting my makeup done last month and I figured it would be one of those worthless expenditures I end up throwing to the bottom of my drawer. WRONG. Mix this with your foundation for sun-kissed, dewey skin – it is an incredible product. Everyone who has tried mine has bought it immediately.
Armani Eye Tint
Whitney and I both walked out of our last make up counter run with the Armani eye tint – this is a fabulous product and the perfect finishing touch to your eye makeup routine. It’s not great for everyday because it is quite dramatic – but on the weekend, this gives your eyelids a little of that oomph they need – it really lights up and is so easy to apply. Think of it like a paintbrush for your lids!
Givenchy Very Irresistible
I am NOT one to take on new scents – it’s rare that I do…but I smelled this on a friend and couldn’t get enough. She actually mixes a few drops with her body lotion — it creates the perfect clean, feminine fragrance. I am definitely giving this a whirl. It is also a great way to maximize space while traveling – fragrance and lotion in one!
I needed a new black wool winter coat this year and instead of buying one when everything came out in October/November, I held off and now I’m glad I did. First off, it narrowed down that I want to find one with a fur collar. Second, everything is now on sale (except the one I want while on sale isn’t in my size, ugh). It’s also really cold out so it’s not like you are buying this thing and not wearing it for six months. You’ll wear it tomorrow.
Top Row: 1 Madison Wool Blend Fox Fur Coat – $448 (was $898) // Burberry Brit Rushfield Stand Collar Coat – $795 (was $995) // Fleurette Wool Collar Coat – $650 (was $1050) // Ellen Tracy Kimono Sleeve Fur Hood Jacket – $204 (was $408)
Bottom Row (a pop of color!) – Karen Millen Investment Coat – $425 (was $630) // Elie Tahari Sicily Single Buttoned Coat – $469 (was $670) // DKNY Wool Blend Coat – $626 (was $895)
Soooo it’s really cold this week. My SmartWool socks (thank you, Annie Schnobrich for that tip!) are really getting worn this winter and all of my sweaters feel like they are worth every penny. This photo above is Bryant Park’s fountain which shocked me when I walked by it this week. Frozen! Speaking of Frozen, it’s so chilly that a town in Kentucky has issued an “arrest warrant” for Elsa. Let’s all bundle up and watch movies this weekend.
1. It’s a rare seven things without a Taylor Swift reference. Her new Style video is awesome.
2. This Kate Spade coat for spring??? SO GORGEOUS.
3. Loeffler Randall’s spring collection. Dreaming of these and these.
4. Did you guys watch the SNL 40th anniversary? Jimmy Fallon’s recap is pretty entertaining (9 minutes long for some people I know who can’t sit and pay attn to anything) but one of my favorite skits was Adam Sandberg and Adam Sandler’s digital short.
5. This JCrew necklace is a fun statement piece that literally goes with everything.
6. With the Oscars coming up, look at every dress worn by the Best Actress winner since 1929. So fun to see how things have changed!
7. Elaine Benes is top 3 favorite females on television ever. Her fake instagram had me laughing out loud. Seinfeld just never gets old.
I may not have the most interesting of hair and I tend to keep it the same blonde year after year, but you know what, I am pretty content with my long straight tresses. I’m blessed and don’t need to do much (including drying it when it’s not negative degrees out) but I’ve always wanted to be able to curl my hair. The grass is always greener, right? My hairdresser who does my highlights considers himself “The Curl Whisperer” (true story). Even he was frustrated with my pin straight hair. It took me a while (and a large burn scar on my right arm to prove my CURLING WARRIOR SKILLS) but I think I found a tool that actually works. Enter Sephora’s curling wand. You just take your hair and wrap it around the “cone” and then hold it for 20 seconds and your curls are done. It takes me a total of 15 minutes and I have a TON of hair that is super long these days. Plus it’s $40 which for a hair tool is so reasonable. I will say, it gets super hot so be careful. All in all, a nice change in my going out look. Nice job, Sephora.
Sephora Curling Iron – $40
Apologies for a lust list on a Wednesday (gasp!) but I think we can all deal. It is so flipping cold and there is snow everywhere so let’s put some things on here to get us excited for spring. Take me back to Florida please.
Clockwise from top left: Chelsea 28 Funnel Sweater (love how easy this is) – $52 (was $88) // Bond No. 9 Lexington Perfume – $200 // Intermix Florence Lace Top (this would look amazing with leather skinnies) – $ // Sergio Rossi Lizard Godiva Pump (a dream shoe I know but this is a LUST LIST) – $615 // Alice & Olivia Pearl Scarf (so so pretty) – $242 // Alexis Bittar Miss Havisham Spear Earrings – $195 // Baublebar Pearl Orbit Ring - $28 // Milly Painted Print Chloe Dress (I love that you can wear this with tights too) – $385 // Tibi Organza Striped Top (I love how you could wear this with a blazer and pencil skirt to work and skinnies to go out) – $207 (was $385) // JCrew Factory Pencil Skirt (nautical chic for work) – $75 // Sequin Stone Collar Necklace (love this in white too) – $118 // JCrew Martie Pant – $90 // JCrew Perforated Belt – $30 // Mark and Graham Suede Pouches (these colors were just so pretty together) – $49 // Keds for Kate Spade Sneakers (ADORABLE) – $75
Everyone always asks if you could only live with one product for the rest of your life, what would it be? Mine is eyeliner. I truly feel naked if I don’t have eyeliner on. My favorite lately has been Armani’s eye pencil lining my lids and lightly lining the bottom right by my lash line. It goes on pretty smoothly and lasts forever. I owe Lauren a huge thank you for introducing me to the amazing Armani beauty line. It went from my go-to for favorite events to my everyday products. My favorite liner colors? The gray and blue. So subtle and so pretty.
Armani Smooth Silk Eye Pencil – $30
Happy Valentine’s Day Friday!!! It’s also NY Fashion Week so take your pick on what you want to celebrate. Are you guys sick of either of these things yet??? I might be. Have fun on your dates and 50 Shades of Gray watching. Xoxo
1. I’m trying not to think about how when I go back to NYC tomorrow it will be beyond freezing so for now I will focus on the first Lilly I got for the season. Thank you Babs!!
2. Some cute Valentine’s Day gifts for your girlfriends under $30 (or just little sussies for when you need them!).
3. A brilliant way to keep your headphone cords from getting all tied up (pet peeve).
4. I want a lot of Joie jackets right now. This black tweed one, this light gray one, and this black & white one with leather accents. Woops.
5. Everyone is obsessed with this ballet version of the Hozier song.
6. I love these pale blue pumps for springgggg.
7. These pictures for the OCD in all of us are pretty amazing. The organized gummy bears by color? Ahhhh.
Things that are hard for me these days include getting up early to go to the gym when it is snowing/icing like crazy AND creating lust lists when I am not shopping. Do you guys believe it? I’ve bought one blazer since Christmas and that is the only purchase I’ve made in 2015. Trying to stay strong!!! Meanwhile, my eyes are lusting over the below. Sigh.
Clockwise from top left: DVF Delancey Suede Cut Out Sandals – $500 // JCrew Swing Skirt (in three great colors) – $70 // Brochu Walker Sweater Dress (I’ve put this on here before but I love it so much it had to come back) – $239 (was $398) // Austen Heller Navy Porter Loafer – $195 // Kate Spade Bekki Sweater (in lots of colors) – $112 (was $188) // Steamline Correspondent Luggage (Umm Business Barbie here I come!) – starting at $310 // Sonix iPhone 6 Case – $35 // Zara Jacket (I have this thermal-ey fabric blazer in gray and I loooove) – $129 // Sailboat Print Scarf - $25 // Tibi Bibelot Halter Dress (this is a perfect cocktail dress for all year round) – $208 (was $298) // Bond No 9 NY Scent of Peace Candle - $95 // JCrew Foliage Bar Bracelet - $68 // Henri Bendel Debutante Carryall - $450
Affordable jewelry is always a great thing to buy when you are on a budget (ME). Moon and Lola is a great brand known for their fun monograms but they’ve been branching out into some non-personalized items and I am loving them. They are easy, pair well with lots of stuff and don’t break the bank. A+ combination.
Chrysler Oval Studs (come in lots of colors) – $42 // Dove Necklace – $58 // Rose Hill Bangle – $56 // Sines Ring – $24 // Faro Ring – $32 // Soho Studs – $52 // Gramercy Studs - $68
Happy (almost) weekend!! Every other blogger seems to be in Valentine’s Day mode so I thought the adorable print above was cute for this week. That’s pretty much all you’ll get from us. Sorryyyyyy. BUT the print above is a customizable one from fashion illustrator Inslee. Love all of these!
1. Last week I came home from a work trip and this clip on Conan happened to be on with Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski. I laughed so hard by myself that it was almost embarrassing. Gronkowski is seriously the star of the Super Bowl (along with the left shark).
2. I’m obsessed with these neutral booties (on sale!) that will be your go-to shoe for the spring transition.
3. For the parents of little ones, this barber offering “old man” haircuts to kids who misbehave is pretty hilarious.
4. The winter mess this week had me in winter boots pretty much all week. I saw someone in these black ones by Sperry and it was the chicest winter look I had seen. A+, lady on 3rd Avenue.
5. I can’t leave the house if my bed isn’t made but this lazy person’s guide to making a bed is a pretty solid solution.
6. These three brother’s re-did their family photos from growing up as grown men. It’s hilarious. Cec, let’s try this since Mom has kept pretty much every dress from our childhood.
7. There’s not much more I hate than getting up at 6 to go for a run. These tricks to waking up early definitely help.