Happy Friday from San Antonio!!! I’m currently visiting my dear friends Abby and Kevan and when I say they are the greatest of hosts, I mean it. I had a detailed weekend itinerary sent to me with a weather link for the forecast to help in my packing. I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BE LIKE THIS. In other news, this was a crazy week. My sister found her wedding dress (gorge) and I might officially be a homeowner this June. Cheers to the weekend!!
1. The 25 most annoying phrases people say at work. My least favorite? Bandwidth. We are not video tapes.
2. We’re going to a golf tournament tomorrow and I’m going to wear this. Highly recommend this dress. It’s a) $150 b) so easy to throw on and c) made of easy fabric that keep you cool.
3. The new James Corden Late Show looks pretty great. This skit with him singing in the car with Mariah Carey TO Mariah Carey songs is amazing.
4. This dress kind of channels a basketball referee but I don’t know why I keep getting drawn to it.
5. I am not ashamed to admit my love for One Direction (I mean, have you ever listened to Story Of My Life? That song crushes it). These texts of parents reacting to Zayn’s departure is pretty great.
6. Bloomies has 25% off with code FRIENDS through 3/30. This fringe dress does this spring trend well and I’m trying this crop top / skirt combo for my sissy’s Vegas bachelorette (YES).
7. It’s April Fools next week so here are some pranks to pull on your children or co-workers.
Ugh. This Tibi skirt. I dream of it. It’s so perfect and would look so gorgeous with a matching neutral top or a black sweater or anything. J’adore. What I don’t love is the $550 price tag so when I saw this version of the skirt at JCrew I knew it was a must!!! I showed it in pink because it’s the easiest color to see the cool texture but it also comes in a crisp white. These skirts require heels in order to really pull them off but they are the perfect spring addition.
Splurge: Tibi Ribbon Bow Skirt – $550
Steal: JCrew Laser Cut Midi Skirt – $128
I did some returning this weekend (no purchasing!) and was in JCrew and saw some great spring arrivals. About time, JCrew (even Mickey had to admit they had a pretty crappy year in women’s – I literally did not buy one thing from them since last spring). Anyway, spring is here so let’s get our closets ready!
Clockwise from top left: 7 For All Mankind Freesia Jeans – $198 // Hydrangea Needlepoint Loafers or the Crab version (NEED) – $212 // JCrew Perforated A Line Dress (this is so cute in person) – $148 // JCrew Carrie Cami (the perfect go-to top in lots of colors but I love this pink) – $118 // Mara Hoffman Weekend Bag – $286 // Tibi Ribbon Fit Coupe Full Skirt (so so gorge) – $550 // Henri Bendel Debutante Convertible Clutch – $208 (was $298) //Aerin Fleur Pump – $298 // Sandro Riviera Dress (oh hello perfect spring wedding guest dress) – $465 // JCrew Short Sleeve Sweater (this is super cute in person and comes in lots of summer pastels) – $102
Happy first day of spring! Let’s welcome this day with 5″ of snow expected in NYC tonight. Get yourselves some hyacinths and lilies to perk your homes up. Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean we can’t welcome in the new season!
1. There is a new Tina Fey show on Netflix called the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Ellie Kemper is on it and I have loved this legit Princeton grad for a long time. This article will also make you love her.
2. This dress is under $130 and fun. Done.
3. Joie is having F&F and 25% off of everything with code . I love this trench and this top would be a go-to.
4. These little munchkins are so funny about March Madness. How are your brackets???
5. In honor of my sister’s recent engagement (congrats to our Cec), this comparison of dresses is fun. Not going to lie, I got all of these right. Boom.
6. Let’s look at Kate Middleton’s pregnancy style. The prettiest.
7. Another sale this weekend is Jonathan Adler’s 20% off of furniture with code FURNSALE20. I want pretty much every chippendale item and this amazing coffee table. Ugh I really need that new apartment.
It’s not warm yet but that doesn’t mean we can’t start getting our spring wardrobes started. I am loving this watercolor paintbrush trend this spring. It’s almost like a new take on pastels with some bold colors combined. So many different options here and I am definitely getting my hands on some of these easy pieces!!
Clockwise from top left: Tory Burch Trapeze Cosmetics Case (this print comes in a bunch of sizes) – $78 // Milly Chloe Dress (I have the blue version and love it) – $385 // PrismSport Water Color Leggings (a fun replacement to my boring black workout pants) – $62 // Soludos Painted Stripe Espadrille – $43 // CeCe by Cynthia Steffe Haley Paint Stroke Dress - $138 // StyleStalker Bismuth Dress – $85 (was $140) // Vince Camuto Artful Strokes Top – $54 (was $89) // Manolo Blahnik BB Pump in Pink Multi - $695 // Brass Plum Watercolor Scarf (this would look perfect with a LWD) – $18 // PPD Watercolor Dinner Plate – $10 (was $20) // Milly Watercolor Clutch - $235 // Catharine by Catharine Malandrino Magda Dress - $130
A while ago I got a facial and while my skin looked great afterwards (or at least I told myself it did bc I spent money on a facial) the woman who did it made me have face guilt. I didn’t use oils enough, I wasn’t moisturizing enough, I did this wrong, blah blah. A friend of mine introduced me to Tatcha and I have to say, my skin is GLOWING these days and it is so soft I love it. I think I am addicted. The brand channels the beauty secrets the founder (an HBS grad) learned from a modern day geisha. The line is unreal and I’m obsessed.
I hate spending so much on new beauty products without knowing if they work well for my skin so Tatcha’s Ritual Kit (for $59!) is a great way to introduce yourself to the brand. The products last way longer than the two weeks suggested.
First, the cleansing oil is a great way to get your makeup off and then get that moisture our skin desperately needs this winter (it’s not over yet, ladies). The second step, Enzyme Powder, is a quick exfoliant that softened my skin in 20 seconds (seriously). After my skin was dry, I tried the brightening serum (step 3) and looooved it. It didn’t bother my eyes like most serums. Lastly, the moisturizing step is tailored to your skin type (sensitive, oily, dry, combo) and it smells amazing. Two weeks in, my skin looks and feel different and for the better. I can’t wait to try more of this fabulous brand!!
Tomorrow is March 14th which means…it’s PI DAY. If I were in Florida, I’d bake my dad a pecan pie because he is one of the few people I know that actually knows the purpose of the number (and cares). For others, this weekend means St. Patty’s Day fun. To each his own.
1. Henri Bendel has a pretty good sale going on- spend $150, get 20% off and spend $300+ and get 25% off. I love this gray clutch and I’m still coveting this black tote.
2. Gray Malin’s new series Au Parc is amazing. The Chicago scenes, NYC parks, all of the cities look incredible in his always awesome photos. I want this image of downtown NYC for whenever I get my new apartment. Love!!
3. It was warm this week so I got in spring mode. This LWD (little white dress) is so pretty for spring.
4. My sister showed me this cheerleader story yesterday and it’s just so heartwarming.
5. Flashback Friday – the “Got Milk” ads from the 90’s. Ugh I loved these.
6. I’m in home mode and this mirror is a great price and a pretty addition to any wall space.
7. I love color and this article on how color is used in advertising is pretty interesting AND educational.
A few years ago, I bought a turkish towel for a fun towel to bring up to the beach or to the rooftop of my building for some sunning. I didn’t really get the allure right away and then I used it a few times and noticed just light yet absorbent and how super soft it was! I love all of the preppy stripes and bright colors; these are a beach must. I noticed the other day that they make hand towels and I’m thinking these are a new kitchen staple. There are a ton of options (home blankets for a guest room, beach tunics, lots of stuff for babies.) that take these fun colors and bring them to life in lots of places!
Piperlime is having sales all over the place with their upcoming closing (sad) so pay attention to your inboxes. I just received a 40% off of everything coupon which will definitely be worth it on an amazing outfit. Today, however, there is a sale with code “YOUNEEDIT“. Get $200 on shoes/accessories/bags, get 20% off. Spend $300, get 30%. Here are some fun ones for spring!!
Top Row: Loeffler Randall Amelia Sandal (in fun colors) – $295 // Schutz Brazilian Sandal - $180 // Aerin Lia Sandal (soooo pretty) – $398 // Stuart Weitzman Love Fringe Sandal (I know, I just can’t get enough) – $455
Bottom Row: Jimmy Choo Lucia Sunglasses – $295 // Ampersand Apostrophe Half Tote - $428 // Giles & Brother Archer Cuff – $85 // Clare V Foldover Clutch – $220
Another snowy week and I must say, every pair of winter boots we own are really getting their $$ worth. Let’s think positive thoughts like this pretty flower above to get us through the rest of March. I’m booking a flight to Florida asap.
1. 27 decorating tricks from some amazing designers.
2. This faux leather jacket is amazing in all of the colors and it’s $75 with “BIGEVENT15″.
3. OMG this child’s Bar Mitzvah invitation video has gone viral and is unreal.
4. A hot pink scalloped spring coat. End scene.
5. I’ve been struggling with getting to the gym on these snowy mornings and I discovered this 40 minute workout that I can do in my apartment and it’s pretty awesome.
6. I adore these gold and white sneakers and want them. Soon.
7. How to take the perfect instagram photo. I need to learn.