This Friday could not be more welcome! I took this pic in LBI from a parking lot. Seriously could this place be any cuter?! This was quite a week and I am seriously ready to sleep in tomorrow. We have my sister’s bridal shower on Sunday so stay tuned for updates on that! Excited to celebrate my sissy this weekend and to kick off the week before MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!
1. 5 Year Old Saige has hilariously HAD IT in this video. What I wouldn’t do to play this at work sometimes…
2. This yellow floral dress is so sweet and would make for such a perfect girls day!!!
3. This instagram account that combines food + fashion. Another of my favorites? Youdidnoteatthat and NYMag’s hilarious article with the author.
4. I have a wedding in Napa this summer and I am thinking of either this blue or this navy dress as options. What do you guys think??
5. Summer time always means my legs look like I got attacked. Here are some tricks to how to not get mosquito bites!!!
6. My Tuckernuck basket keeps expanding everyday. This dress, this top, this pineapple belt, these napkins, everything!!!
7. There is a gorilla in Japan that ladies are saying is quite the handsome devil. Thank you, Buzzfeed for leaving me SMH.
I always forget about this key item in my beauty arsenal until a zit pops up and I am like, “Umm hi. Bye.” Mario Badescu’s silver powder is a game changer. It gets rid of every blemish and blackhead and it does it’s job ASAP. You dab it on, wait 10 minutes and your face will look 10x better. Oh and it is $12. Obsessed.
Mario Badescu Silver Powder – $12
My sister’s shower is coming up this weekend (yay!) and besides finding the most perfect blush + gold paper theme (love this Etsy shop), I wanted this tea party to be Pretty Polished Perfection. However, my home ownership is rapidly approaching so my budget is LIMITED (an understatement). I had my eye on the periwinkle Shoshanna dress below and thanks to my awesome friend Abby, I saw it was on RTR. While on there, I found some other lovely frocks that I debated so wanted to share my thought process.
ML Monique Lhuillier Blooms Dress (the back!) – $90 // Theia Gradient Dress -$85 // ERIN Erin Fetherston Crossing Florals Dress – $75 // Yoana Baraschi Pepin Sheath – $65 // Shoshanna Lace Siera Dress – $75
Father’s Day is almost here everyone. I’m excited to celebrate with my Dad this weekend. I was on top of my gift a while back but for those that aren’t, here are some fun ideas!
Clockwise from top right: Ray Ban Original Aviators (never go wrong) – $170 // Portable Briefcase Grill – $80 // Harry’s Father Son Shaving Set (too cute for the dad of a young munchkin) – $30 // Lego Slippers (seriously) – $26 // Sperry Burnished Boat Shoe – $98 // Animal and Monster Hand Tattoos – $12 // Golf Mug – $9 // Smartphone Controlled “Paper” airplane – $50 // Olloclip iPhone Power Lens – $80 // 3D Printing Pen – $100 // Daniel Wellington Watch (this is so classic) – $229
It’s been a long week and this Friday feels even more deserved than others. Our family had a really rough week saying goodbye to my sister’s dog Kevin who, as anyone who knows us knows, was a truly special guy and we loved SO MUCH. We’ll miss him dearly.
1. Love this fun little summer number.
2. This perfect beach house is in my favorite beach town, LBI!!!
3. This sunny little yellow dress is so perfect and darling.
4. I love this easy Topshop tank that comes in tons of colors.
5. I was sent this article by one of my fav coworkers and I was shocked at how much I’ve changed since my 20’s to my 30’s. Couldn’t be more true!
6. Cracking up at Bravo’s new show Odd Mom Out. Jill Kargman is hilarious showing how NYC moms are a special breed.
7. This video that one dog owner made to say goodbye to his best friend was especially touching this week.
Baby blue is one of my favorite colors for just about anything but that hydrangea + periwinkle + baby blue combo really tops it all for me and I’ve been on the hunt for more of it to wear to lots of events this summer. My favorite dresses below. Which ones should I get?!!
Aqua Eyelet Dress – $80 // Twelfth Street By Cynthia Vincent Fringe Shift Dress – $207 (was $295) // Shoshanna Sierra Lace Dress – $375 // Topshop Sleeveless Overlay Dress – $68 // Camilyn Beth Go Go Dress (dream of this one) – $260
As mentioned on Friday, I knew the banana leaf print would make a PP post appearance. I love the combo of this print with pink; it’s so Palm Beach chic and adorable. It NEEDS to be incorporated into my new apartment decor. How? I’m not sure yet but let’s get started with the wardrobe.
Top Row: INC Cutout Back Top and Bottom – $80 // Minnie and Emma Banana Leaves Lucite Box – $78 // Asos Banana Leaf Bikini Top and Bottoms – $50 // Sam Edelman Strappy Romper – $130
Bottom Row: Old Navy Twill Shorts – $30 // Whitney Eve Palm Leaf Dress – $143 // Topshop Palm Leaf Jumpsuit – $80 // Milly Banana Leaf Notecards (also love these personalized version!) – $70
I’m thinking of this fun painting for my new digs but figured it was a fun pic for Seven Things this week in the meantime!! Happy Friday!! This strange cold June weather is ending this weekend so I hope everyone is doing something fun.
1. Someone threw a Palm Beach themed flamingo + banana leaf party. DREAM. This is definitely inspiring a post for next week.
2. I got this gorge dress from my parents for my birthday. I am loving it and it fits like a glove!!
3. I loved these mint converse and if you want to add a pop of mint to your gym routine, these New Balances are so cute!
4. Who knew this correct way to fold your tee’s and socks?!!! Marie Kondo you are a genius.
5. I just went through and watched the entire series of The Office. I laughed so much but this article shows how touching the show could be!!
6. Obsessed with this blue striped dress from Topshop.
7. Jon Stewart always made me laugh but his take on Caitlyn Jenner really made an impact. Friday inspiration.
I try not to get too sappy on social media but I was thinking back on this past year and how SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED. It was filled with some rough lows but at the same time, way more amazing highs. My sissy is engaged. Some of my closest friends had the most adorable baby boys that I truly love (no seriously, SIX BOYS: Cooper, Jack, Quinn, Torii, Harrison and Connor – may they be famous in the blogging world for 24 hours). I have mastered the combo of “Cookie Party Girl + Aunt Cookie” persona. What else can one want in life? I’m not sure. Maybe some shoes? Got those too. My Top 5 from this past year below.
1. Working out – The Tone It Up Girls are legit inspiration. I can’t recommend their workouts enough. I’m dead serious people, if I can become a 530AM gym goer, ANYONE CAN.
2. Flowers – I spent the last four years convincing myself that they were just meh and I wasn’t into them. I was lying to myself. I love them and have followed Queen Gwynnie’s tips on how best to make different arrangements.
3. Reading and Home Decor – I’m at the home stretch of my apartment purchase and I peruse the following sites on a daily basis. Some of these are just to pass the time when I need a reading break.
The Glam Pad // Veranda // Town and Country // Society Social (please decorate my entire apartment) // Business Insider
4. Food – I actually found a breakfast I like. There is no link bc the recipe is the following: peanut butter + toasted english muffin. I know this sounds like a ridiculous statement and not an accomplishment in any way but I am someone who throws up in meetings because someone ate eggs before they walked in. This is a big moment for me.
5. SHOPPING. My favorite purchases from this past year??? The following:
These Jimmy Choo sandals (thank you mom!). These classic Blahnik pumps. A DVF wrap to add to my collection that will never be out of style. The most perfect cherry red necklace that goes with everything. This bedding that will make my bedroom a lovely place to sleep in. I’m still saving for a hot pink mini Chanel so add that to my goals list for next year. All in all, I’d give myself a completely unexpected A+.
So I have been blessed with hair that can be air dried and not look heinous. I’m not saying it looks great but it’s doable. The best perk of this is not just that I avoid overheating from a blowdryer (my internal thermometer is BROKEN people!) but my long locks avoid a ton of damage and they need whatever they can get. With hair that has been highlighted for almost 15 years (ENHANCED BLONDE) it definitely suffers and I can almost always see the damage / breakage. Enter Invisible Hair Oil. OMG this stuff is amazing!! You only need a dime size so this $40 bottle lasts a while. It really protects and also tames at the same time. Obsessed. Bumble does it again.
Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser Invisible Oil – $39