Spring is officially here people. My unofficial welcome to warmer weather is a spray tan and let me just say, it feels great. Is this the cutest bicycle of all time (courtesy of Real Simple’s instagram)? Possibly. Enjoy a gorgeous weather weekend!!
1. This trio of Australian models lip synching songs throughout music history is seriously great. 1. They go through awesome songs with fun costumes and 2. they are absurdly pretty.
2. I love flamingos and this Kate Spade flamingo cover up with a giant pink bow is pretty much amazing.
3. Lilly For Target launches this weekend. There are some bloggers writing up directions on how to get what you want. I am not going to do that because you are independent adults and can figure out how to shop but you might as well check out the lookbooks. I still am not sure how I feel about the whole thing…what do you guys think???
4. This Sizzler commercial (3 minutes long!) from 1991 is unreal. It’s like a 90’s dream of patriotism.
5. I love this new beach tunic. It’s sweet and pretty much matches my new bedding (which I have to buy in pieces because I am too poor to buy it all at once but IT WILL BE WORTH IT).
6. If you are a Game Of Thrones fan and haven’t seen this Seth Meyers clip of Jon Snow at a dinner party, you are missing out. I lol’ed by myself. Always a good sign of things being funny.
7. I’ve been so caught up in home decor I almost missed Loeffler Randall’s friends and family sale! 20% off with code “HEYFRIEND”. My picks? These espadrilles, these d’orsay pumps and these sandals that look like they were meant to be paired with jeans immediately.
Once I do actually make my move to my new apartment, I have been leaning towards a new look. It’s been in the process this year (a few vases and trays here and there) but now that I’m moving to a place I’ll actually own I want it to look like an actual home. Not just a home but the perfect one for me to come home to and to entertain! Here are some things I’m thinking about…
Clockwise from top left: Worlds Away Felix Side Table – $250 // Mariposa Seahorse opener (for my dream beachy bar cart) – $32 // Marika Bench (I can’t decide between this cobalt, aqua or a fun coral color!) – $210 // Aqua Garden Stool – $225 // Aerin Shagreen Tray (shagreen is just so luxe) – $325 // Oversized Crisscross Mirror – $329 // Blakesley Indoor / Outdoor pillow – $44 // Faux Blue Coral – $67 // Scallop Border Placemat – $32 (each) // Vintage Faux Bamboo Dresser (if this were in white it would be a must in my bedroom!) – $2445 // Elephant Cachepot – $145 // Alegria Baline Otomi Pillow (this pillow. so stunning) – $150 // Coral Picture Frame (I ordered this and it is GORGE) – $29 // Egg Table Lamp – $249
Spring means a lot of things. Warmer weather to push me to run more, spray tans commencing and my Equinox membership getting it’s real value. Another favorite? Lilly dresses. I am loving the 60’s Lilly theme this season ( that crop top combo might be purchased for my sissy’s bachelorette) and there are so many cute prints this year!
Vanna Crop Top Set (it’s TOO CUTE) – $198 // Alexa High Collar Shift (I own this and am obsessed) -$198 // Breakers Lace Top Shift Dress – $298 // Ember Shift Dress (I love this coral print!) – $198 // Rosie Square Neck Shift (the applique is so pretty) – $198
I have been really thinking hard about the new look I want for my (hopefully) new apartment. I want to make sure every single piece is thought through and goes with my “palm beach chic” decor. One thing I’ve started looking at are the perfect coffee table / bookcase books. I love the idea of colorful and bright fashion books sitting underneath a vase or pretty gold piece. What I love about these books is that they not only look great but they are fun to read through too!
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8
Shopbop is having 25% off today with the code SPRING25. Happy day!
Here are a few things I am eyeing …
RAG & BONE
I bought these a few weeks ago and I’ve already worn them three times. The weight of the fabric is perfect (read: not cheap, not sheer) and the painted print makes these a stand-out pair of pants (without being too crazy).
I’m a big fan of the one piece bathing suit … and this fun ikat print is beautiful and vibrant.
I love this jumpsuit – its so easy breezy and looks like it would be great as a beach cover up or for casual cocktails outdoors.
This dress is so chic, casual and comfortable, who wouldn’t want to throw this on and run out the door? Check out these other options from Clu
Heading to the Caribbean? I suggest packing this fun number.
Every so often, I get obsessed with a color that is so clearly not meant for my pale blonde combination. The latest? Blush pink. With a spray tan, I maaay be able to pull it off and I am loving some of these pieces below.
Clockwise from top left: JCrew Pleated Chiffon Dress – $100 (was $148) // Rebecca Minkoff Sunnies Pouch – $75 // Ferragamo Ginny Crossbody Bag – $1,150 // CLU Draped Blouse – $231 (25% off with code CHICSALE) // Jcrew Iced Quartz Necklace – $138 // Rebecca Taylor Organza Ruffle Dress – $550 // Baggu Bucket Bag – $140 // Kate Spade Balloon Bouquet Stud Earrings – $54 // Trina Turk Aubree Pants – $298 (25% off with code CHICSALE)
Happy Friday from San Antonio!!! I’m currently visiting my dear friends Abby and Kevan and when I say they are the greatest of hosts, I mean it. I had a detailed weekend itinerary sent to me with a weather link for the forecast to help in my packing. I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BE LIKE THIS. In other news, this was a crazy week. My sister found her wedding dress (gorge) and I might officially be a homeowner this June. Cheers to the weekend!!
1. The 25 most annoying phrases people say at work. My least favorite? Bandwidth. We are not video tapes.
2. We’re going to a golf tournament tomorrow and I’m going to wear this. Highly recommend this dress. It’s a) $150 b) so easy to throw on and c) made of easy fabric that keep you cool.
3. The new James Corden Late Show looks pretty great. This skit with him singing in the car with Mariah Carey TO Mariah Carey songs is amazing.
4. This dress kind of channels a basketball referee but I don’t know why I keep getting drawn to it.
5. I am not ashamed to admit my love for One Direction (I mean, have you ever listened to Story Of My Life? That song crushes it). These texts of parents reacting to Zayn’s departure are pretty great.
6. Bloomies has 25% off with code FRIENDS through 3/30. This fringe dress does this spring trend well and I’m trying this crop top / skirt combo for my sissy’s Vegas bachelorette (YES).
7. It’s April Fools next week so here are some pranks to pull on your children or co-workers.
Ugh. This Tibi skirt. I dream of it. It’s so perfect and would look so gorgeous with a matching neutral top or a black sweater or anything. J’adore. What I don’t love is the $550 price tag so when I saw this version of the skirt at JCrew I knew it was a must!!! I showed it in pink because it’s the easiest color to see the cool texture but it also comes in a crisp white. These skirts require heels in order to really pull them off but they are the perfect spring addition.
Splurge: Tibi Ribbon Bow Skirt – $550
Steal: JCrew Laser Cut Midi Skirt – $128
I did some returning this weekend (no purchasing!) and was in JCrew and saw some great spring arrivals. About time, JCrew (even Mickey had to admit they had a pretty crappy year in women’s – I literally did not buy one thing from them since last spring). Anyway, spring is here so let’s get our closets ready!
Clockwise from top left: 7 For All Mankind Freesia Jeans – $198 // Hydrangea Needlepoint Loafers or the Crab version (NEED) – $212 // JCrew Perforated A Line Dress (this is so cute in person) – $148 // JCrew Carrie Cami (the perfect go-to top in lots of colors but I love this pink) – $118 // Mara Hoffman Weekend Bag – $286 // Tibi Ribbon Fit Coupe Full Skirt (so so gorge) – $550 // Henri Bendel Debutante Convertible Clutch – $208 (was $298) //Aerin Fleur Pump – $298 // Sandro Riviera Dress (oh hello perfect spring wedding guest dress) – $465 // JCrew Short Sleeve Sweater (this is super cute in person and comes in lots of summer pastels) – $102
Happy first day of spring! Let’s welcome this day with 5″ of snow expected in NYC tonight. Get yourselves some hyacinths and lilies to perk your homes up. Just because it’s cold out doesn’t mean we can’t welcome in the new season!
1. There is a new Tina Fey show on Netflix called the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Ellie Kemper is on it and I have loved this legit Princeton grad for a long time. This article will also make you love her.
2. This dress is under $130 and fun. Done.
3. Joie is having F&F and 25% off of everything with code . I love this trench and this top would be a go-to.
4. These little munchkins are so funny about March Madness. How are your brackets???
5. In honor of my sister’s recent engagement (congrats to our Cec), this comparison of dresses is fun. Not going to lie, I got all of these right. Boom.
6. Let’s look at Kate Middleton’s pregnancy style. The prettiest.
7. Another sale this weekend is Jonathan Adler’s 20% off of furniture with code FURNSALE20. I want pretty much every chippendale item and this amazing coffee table. Ugh I really need that new apartment.